The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

tell you what Darren if you can quote me where I said "friend of the terrorists" then I'll say no more

but , we were talking about principles and I argued they aren't the right principles,  .. if you think the morally dubious political groups like the IRA , Hamas and Hezbollah etc are the right principles then that's fair enough , however it doesn't give you the right to belittle me or my posts because I don't  

Fair enough I obviously misread your post, sorry.

Are you missing a bit at the end there?

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

tell you what Darren if you can quote me where I said "friend of the terrorists" then I'll say no more

You've claimed he and Labour are sympathisers of terrorists before, and you implied as much on the previous page. Not exactly the same thing as "friend" but close enough as to make no difference.

On 02/12/2015 at 09:48, tonyh29 said:

....As I understand it he said " "You don't want to walk through the lobbies with Jeremy Corbyn and a bunch of terrorist sympathisers."  ...so he's talking specifically about Labour MP's

I agree it is a crass statement unbecoming of a PM  , although it is also factually correct ..

I'd partly agree as it happens, but there you go.

50 minutes ago, darrenm said:

Fair enough I obviously misread your post, sorry.

Are you missing a bit at the end there?

Yeah , a full stop :)

I was tidying up my post and the phone rung so I sorta lost my train of thought 

20 minutes ago, blandy said:

You've claimed he and Labour are sympathisers of terrorists before, and you implied as much on the previous page. Not exactly the same thing as "friend" but close enough as to make no difference.

I'd partly agree as it happens, but there you go.

I'd have got away with it if it wasnt for Sherlock Blandy 

tbf i don't think it detracts from Darren misunderstanding my post though :D

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

yeah, what an absolute bastard

I make no comment on the nature of his aims, just that he did use a terrorist methodology and that would make him a terrorist. 

Laughably off topic anyway.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, darrenm said:

I bet Corbyn would be friends with that awful terrorist Guido Fawkes if he was still alive today.

Corbyns principles probably mean he'd plot against James  and then swear an oath to him 5 minutes later when Ye Sun critisced him 

Corbyn leading Labour into running after the Tories shouting 'Us too! Us too!'.

Expected better; always said he was principled but spineless. Now it's clear he's unprincipled and spineless. So much for a Brexit for the 100%. He's acknowledging the referendum was about immigration to win back Northern votes while abandoning the centre-left vote. My only hope now is that the Lib Dems capitalise on it.

Edited by StefanAVFC

Not a shock. It taints his image (calling the sites Tories to point and laugh) but he's got even less chance of success supporting free movement. In chucking that under the bus he improves his electibility from absolutely never, ever, ever will be PM, to will be PM when pigs fly.

that is kinda the problem though for both parties   .. Cameron had to act to stop haemorrhaging voters to UKIP and eventually Labour realised they had to do the same thing ( there was a bit of denial at first that their supporters aren't racist and thus they weren't losing voters to UKIP ) and come out as tough on immigration

It's not just Corbyn  , the man who probably has aspirations to become leader one day  Chuka Umunna  , said in April 2016 The Leave campaign want us to quit the single market and be like ‘Albania’.  and then in September  changed his mind to  say he too would sacrifice access to the Single Market if it meant keeping the current freedom of movement rules

and now seems to be trying to have his cake and eat it by chairing a think tank that says we want controlled local immigration ( didn't Clegg get slaughtered for Postcode Prisoners in 2010 when he proposed this ?)

they will say anything to get elected these people  ... whether the public will forgive the Libs over Tuition fees and the other damage inflicted by Clegg in a gamble to be Kingmaker so quickly and make them a major player remains to be seen  ....

• Like 2

Yep I would agree with that Tony.

The public have successfully bought the idea that the pressure on wages/jobs is caused by immigration rather than a failing globalised system which via ever increasing automation is fuelling rampant inequality across the world. 

Neither party can come up with a coherent solution because they are answering the wrong question. 

• Like 1

I think he's making a play for the revolting northerners, to get them back from UKIP.

I think this is an awful decision for two reasons.

1) I think it's too little too late for those already voting UKIP.

2) The centre-left core were the people who voted him in and this decision will alienate them.

35 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I think he's making a play for the revolting northerners, to get them back from UKIP.

There's a by election just up the road from here (I'm a revolting northerner, [by location, anyway]) pretty soon. It'll be that, I imagine.

Â