The Chairman Mao resembling, Monarchy hating, threat to Britain, Labour Party thread

Demitri_C

3 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Train drivers going on strike over pay. Not sure they'll get the same level of public support to be honest. Be interesting to see what Labour has to say about it.

If its over the Commonwealth games then they can go f**k themselves in all honesty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The first time train drivers have needed to go on strike in nearly three decades.

They’re probably just being greedy and spoiling the sporty stuff for the hard working inconvenienced people.

Government Ministers have shown us in the last few days if you really want to have an impact you have to withdraw your labour. Or does that only count if you’re a tory MP?

• Like 1

They should have polled the country to check when people weren't going to major events, going to work, having a hospital appointment, going to school, or generally leaving the house.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've done some research and I think it'd be good for them to strike for 4 minutes at 23:18, a month on Sunday.

They should probably put some signs up so that people notice.

• Like 2

Starmer completely dodging all questions about Labours policy for tax, NI etc.

For someone who suggested a GE right now he’s not really letting on much about why people should vote for them.

21 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Wait, people care about the Commonwealth Games?

Well I remember the absolute jizzfest when they had them in Manchester.  Don’t think the Brum ones will get anything like the same fanfare.

• Like 1

VT has a Commonwealth games 2022 thread.

The last posting in that was October last year.

That’s how inconvenienced the good people of VT would be in the anti strike fantasy scenario.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Genie said:

Starmer completely dodging all questions about Labours policy for tax, NI etc.

For someone who suggested a GE right now he’s not really letting on much about why people should vote for them.

Why should he, when in all likelihood the next election will be in 2025? I think this attack on Starmer that he keeps getting from his own side is bizarre. You don’t achieve anything by proposing a raft of policies midterm when you’re years away from attaining power and the Govt aren’t going to adopt them. They just become targets for the governing party and its outriders in the media to attack… a useful distraction from their own problems.

Sure, it would be good for him to have a handful of key policies that signal his intention to his base, but they won’t get much airtime in the middle of a Tory leadership election. FWIW I believe he’s just announced the removal of charitable status and VAT exemption for private schools, which is a massive move, and much more left wing than anything New Labour did.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Well I remember the absolute jizzfest when they had them in Manchester.  Don’t think the Brum ones will get anything like the same fanfare.

There was shit all else on TV 20 years ago to be fair.

7 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Why should he, when in all likelihood the next election will be in 2025? I

2024, there’s very little chance that this parliament will go full term just because of the dates involved. Last date an election can be called is Dec 17th 2025, The election must be within 25 days of that date. The electorate really will not thank the Tories for an election campaign over Xmas. If it goes past May 2024 it’s a sign of the desperation of the Tory Party. And it really is Boris' fault

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Why should he, when in all likelihood the next election will be in 2025? I think this attack on Starmer that he keeps getting from his own side is bizarre. You don’t achieve anything by proposing a raft of policies midterm when you’re years away from attaining power and the Govt aren’t going to adopt them. They just become targets for the governing party and its outriders in the media to attack… a useful distraction from their own problems.

Sure, it would be good for him to have a handful of key policies that signal his intention to his base, but they won’t get much airtime in the middle of a Tory leadership election. FWIW I believe he’s just announced the removal of charitable status and VAT exemption for private schools, which is a massive move, and much more left wing than anything New Labour did.

I don’t think anyone is proposing full in policies at this stage, maybe a hint on who they are would be a start.

The reporter was say with him 1 on 1 and he refused to answer anything.

Edited by Genie

Mentioned closing the VAT exemption for private schools. A shitty half measure. All they’ll do is pump up the fees and you’ll have an even more exclusive system.

Close the lot of them or take them into state ownership. And while you’re at it do the same with the religious schools too.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Most of those are in state ownership

Some but not all. There’s still plenty filling young impressionable minds with total rubbish that has no place in a modern education system. This coming from someone made to pray every morning in primary school.

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Some but not all. There’s still plenty filling young impressionable minds with total rubbish that has no place in a modern education system. This coming from someone made to pray every morning in primary school.

And I presume that this was a state school. The vast majority of religious schools in this country are already part of the state system

Come to Liverpool, its extremely hard to find a school that isn't religious.

11 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

VT has a Commonwealth games 2022 thread.

The last posting in that was October last year.

That’s how inconvenienced the good people of VT would be in the anti strike fantasy scenario.

There are various threads like this, doesnt mean people dont care about certain things. So many new threads are crrated in OT alot of people might not go oast page 2 on this forum

Â