Pre match thread

roonst83

On current form and performances of late, this is a game I would expect us to win... I would be bitterly disappointed if we lost this one and not sure how I would feel if we drew.

Hopefully we can do the biz... So come you on Villa Boys... raise the main sail and cast off ye rapscallions...

We've only lost at home to these twice since 2000, although one of those defeats came last season.

Would like to see Guzan in goal as we know how Big Sam teams play. I'm going for a 3-1 Villa win, they have passed 40 points and really have nothing to play for, even more so because they know that they'll have  new manager come the Summer whatever happens.

Edited by AvfcTheObsession

West Ham are in worse shape than Steve Bruce at the moment. I think this will be a comfortable win for us but will not be enough to secure our safety.

Grealish to score his first goal for Villa, dancing past a few defenders and slotting the ball into the far corner.

Villa 3 - 0 West Ham

• Like 1

I doubt bringing in Guzan for Given after just one game will be the way that Tim will go. Such a big game for us although I would guess given their board members they be told that taking points from us is worth a bit of a bonus for them. A must not lose game but I think we are good enough to win this and our final home game.     

All things being equal we should win this. Not sure if it's the Gold and Sullivan connection or the cockney geezers that follow them but I really don't like this lot. Maybe it's the fact they stole our colours? Because it's Villa and because football doesn't work like that I'm going for a frustrating score draw. Hope to McGrath that I'm wrong though.

The last game at VP we all expected to win at a canter was QPR. That didn't go so well. I am cautiously optimistic that if we play well and have luck on our side we should win.

But lady luck is a fickle bitch.

5-0 villa Benteke (3), Bacuna, Vlaar. Uninterested west ham vs invigorated, confident and motivated villa? Easy win. If we lose this after excellent recent performances where we've beaten spurs, plop and Everton (and should have beaten city) then I will drink the contents of my lava lamp.

Yes it would be nice if Villa turn up, dispatch said bored opposition 2 nil and pick up the 3 points. Doubt it's going to be that easy. Have to tighten up the defence and we should be okay- have been excellent in all other areas the last few weeks.

Aren't they playing some 18 year old in defence atm alongside Collins? He thinks he's doing alright in the prem and then Benteke steps onto the pitch....

Good time to play them as others have said, they only scored 1 goal against a Burnley team playing with 10 men for well over an hour so expect them to only really threaten from set pieces.

They won't be as open as Everton though and we tend to struggle against physical midfields which they will have if they bring back Song alongside Kouyate.

This is the sort we usually draw 1-1 but I fancy a 2-1.

Hopefully Sunderland will lose at Everton in the 12.45 game as with a win we'll be all but safe.

I'm still not comfortable being confident going into games, knowing how fragile we are at the back and how they let us down at the most unexpected times. This game feels so winnable. It's exactly when we get a reality check ... and yet I can't help thinking Benteke will just murder them :)