Pre match thread

roonst83

West Ham in the running for a Europa League spot due to the fair play league - can't see them wanting to pick up many yellows/reds for the next three matches!!!

Hoping for another positive display - Benteke to continue his fine form and bang another one or two in!

Villa 2 West Ham 1

(Goals - Benteke and Sinclair for us, Nolan for Hammers)

Villa 10/11 - Wet Spam 10/3 - Draw 5/2  

• Aston Villa have failed to score in four of the last five Premier League matches against the Hammers. 
  • West Ham United have won none of their last 10 Barclays Premier League away games (W0 D5 L5). 
  • Kevin Nolan has scored seven goals against Aston Villa, more than he has netted against any other Premier League opponent. Five of those goals have come in his last six appearances against the Villans. 
  • West Ham have played 37 times against Aston Villa in the Premier League without ever earning a red card, the most games by a team who has not picked up a dismissal against a certain opponent. 
  • Christian Benteke has scored 10 goals in his last eight Premier League outings; he did not find the net in his preceding 10 appearances. 
  • Benteke has been involved in 11 of Villa's last 16 PL goals (10 goals, one assist). 
  • Tom Cleverley has scored in consecutive PL appearances after not finding the net in his preceding 37 outings. 
  • Two thirds of West Ham's Premier League points (31/47) were won before Xmas this season; they have won just 16 points in their 18 PL games since. 
  • Tim Sherwood is one of only 11 managers to have taken charge of 30+ Premier League games and have won more than half of them (53.1% win ratio). 
  • Only one of Aston Villa's goals this season have been scored or assisted by a substitute; fewer than any other team. 

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/aston-villa-v-west-ham/winner

Edited by Kingman

Can't predict this one. On paper, it's one we should win easily, but that's what I thought about QPR. I really hope this is the last game I have to be nervous about this season.

I think Tim will go for Gabby in for N'Zog (although N'Zog has been good lately) and Sinclair on the bench... Not saying that's what I'd do though.

Honestly, whomever Tim chooses, I can't be too unhappy about it. I think Sinclair is the best choice, but he needs games to really get into it. Gabby and Zog are ready to go.

• Like 1

No idea why but I wasn't even remotely worried about Everton but this one I am.

It will be a much more physical game especially in midfield (think Grealish will get a few kicks today) and they'll trouble us on set pieces, hopefully we won't give them too many corners.

I agree it could easily be a 1-1 or something but think we've just got a bit more goal threat in us so as long as we start fast we can dominate.

Aston Villa being managed by Lambert the last 3 seasons has made me pessimistic into every single game we play, and i still am. I'm not feeling confident at all, even after our exellent games lately. I think i still need some time to get over the horrible Lambert period, still.