Ratings and Reactions: Man City - Villa

limpid

Lots of good things to take from that, we've gone to the ground of a good team, we were the better side and it was only through individual errors that we lost. It's disappointing when not all of those individual errors were ours, but I thought from what I saw (first half on the radio) we looked positive and lively. As the manager has just said "You think we can get relegated playing like that? You are having a laugh aren't you?"

• Like 1

Remarkably: 3 points dropped. Hopeless individual errors and hopeless at clearing the ball as a team. Manager after manager, we never ever clear our lines.

Having played a game more we could be in trouble.

What about the positives though! I thought we were magnificent but for the errors.

You're asking him to speak about positives? Have you ready the complete bile he posts every time? Doesn't deal in positives.

Sorry in advance to the mods.

Well I do. More than you think and more than your ignorance gives me credit for. However, the last 5 years have been a shambolic barrage of negativity on the pitch in terms of results, so forgive my realistic opinion as oppose to crazy positive statements made just because it's the team We support.

To be fair though, on the whole we played very well today. There were positives for sure.

Only -1 to the GD - but to be 2-2 @ 85 then get nothing. 

Bodes well for the forthcoming home games - but the cavalier approach worries me - last minute goals have cost us around 9 points in the last few weeks...

The cavalier approach is what is getting us playing great football and competing at last.

You can't switch it on and off.

sorry but 2-2  at 85 - you see out the game.....basics

Ideally yes, but this is the league champions we're talking about.

You could say that 2-1 up with 82 on the clock, they should be seeing the game out. It happens, but the game was lost by errors earlier on IMO.

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'm watching the same villa as one or two on here.

How on earth do you not see a million positives in that ?

Champions, away, crazy goal given away, 2-0 down, and almost won it.

These aren't the games we need to win, we've lost nothing today.

And the two decisions aren't the same !!!

In city's case the ref saw it and decided no foul.

In our case the linesman got it factually wrong.

• Like 2

Remarkably: 3 points dropped. Hopeless individual errors and hopeless at clearing the ball as a team. Manager after manager, we never ever clear our lines.

Having played a game more we could be in trouble.

What about the positives though! I thought we were magnificent but for the errors.
You're asking him to speak about positives? Have you ready the complete bile he posts every time? Doesn't deal in positives.

Sorry in advance to the mods.

Well I do. More than you think and more than your ignorance gives me credit for. However, the last 5 years have been a shambolic barrage of negativity on the pitch in terms of results, so forgive my realistic opinion as oppose to crazy positive statements made just because it's the team We support.

To be fair though, on the whole we played very well today. There were positives for sure.

Right, and I've acknowledged that. I'm not going to highlight that though when were 2 points above the drop, having played a game more and are gifting goals away like that.

We are awful at home, and those ignoring relegation are foolish IMO. We are well in it.

We lost the game because of our own inadequacies, not because we were away at the champions. They are arguably one of the worst teams I have seen this season in terms of performance and that was definitely points dropped.

Mixed emotions about this. We did deserve something but the individual errors are unforgivable. I feel for Brad as he's been decent for us over the past couple of seasons and definitely earned us more pts than he's lost, but, it's time for Given now. You just can not make mistakes like he did today, especially in the situation we're in.

Sanchez was poor again.(apart from the goal) Gave the ball away leading up to the second goal then made a desperate lunge trying to make amends. His passing just isn't good enough.

Grealish & Benteke looked decent together. Could see signs of a partnership developing there.

Think we definitely have enough to get over the line this season.

Also, as others have mentioned, what an embarrassment of an atmosphere that was. I can remember City fans being one of the loudest not so long ago. Now it's as if they turn up and think they're entitled to win the game. Ironic how they don't sell out, yet they're expanding.....

You are in an alien world. We are not going down. Get over it.

I never said we were going down. I said we are in danger of going down.

No more danger than Newcastle, taking everything into account

You are in an alien world. We are not going down. Get over it.

Got to pick up the points though when you find yourself at 2-2 in the 85th minute...

Basic defensive mistakes cost us today and those mistakes can easily be repeated against Burnley, Everton and West Ham at home. 

Â