Star Wars Battlefront 3

packoman

I have ea access and have been playing this since Friday on a 10 hour trial must admit the hunt a hero mulitplayer is good as well as the  part where you all play a hero and it's good vs evil until all the heros are dead. The X wing battles are a bit meh very confusing 

There's loads of info on YouTube.

People like;

Jackfrags

Levelcap

Matimio

RivalXfactor

Playstation access

Etc

Etc

Etc

Noob.

Some of us don't spend our evenings watching nerdlinger videos on YouTube.

Noob.

1 hour ago, Ginko said:

If the beta showcased the best of this game then I definitely won't be buying. Very boring and frustrating.

Why frustrating? Also only seeing two maps/a tiny glimpse of the weapons-unlocks ect isn't really enough to base a solid opinion on.

Personally speaking I thought it played well, had nice combat mechanics & a sense of being in epic battles. I don't actually enjoy multiplayer games that much, only ones I've ever gotten into being BF 4 (gave up in the end due to all the bugs) titanfall (for a couple months) & the Halos.

Edited by mightysasquatch

Well, I did say if the beta showcased the best of this game, so if I didn't enjoy the so-called best of the game, why would I give the rest of it a chance? I'll wait for some reviews to come out and then base my decision on whether or not to buy on that.

As for being frustrating, perhaps part of it is just personal to me, but I found myself dying too often, the shooting mechanics weren't anything special and my favourite bits (the ship sections) were too infrequent and short-lived when you ever did manage to get to an icon before someone else. Not to mention the controls were a pain in the arse and you only really flew around a small map and other than shooting a few other fighters out of the sky, there wasn't much to it.

Admittedly I'm not much of an FPS multiplayer kind of guy though, so it's not really aimed at me. I'd much rather a new Rogue Squadron game. As I mentioned a few weeks back, a purely ship-based Star Wars game with online capabilities would be right up my alley. This game is just another boring shooter with a thin veneer of Star Wars nostalgia and fantasy tacked on; one which wore off pretty quickly for me.

Edited by Ginko

9 hours ago, Ginko said:

Well, I did say if the beta showcased the best of this game, so if I didn't enjoy the so-called best of the game, why would I give the rest of it a chance? I'll wait for some reviews to come out and then base my decision on whether or not to buy on that.

As for being frustrating, perhaps part of it is just personal to me, but I found myself dying too often, the shooting mechanics weren't anything special and my favourite bits (the ship sections) were too infrequent and short-lived when you ever did manage to get to an icon before someone else. Not to mention the controls were a pain in the arse and you only really flew around a small map and other than shooting a few other fighters out of the sky, there wasn't much to it.

Admittedly I'm not much of an FPS multiplayer kind of guy though, so it's not really aimed at me. I'd much rather a new Rogue Squadron game. As I mentioned a few weeks back, a purely ship-based Star Wars game with online capabilities would be right up my alley. This game is just another boring shooter with a thin veneer of Star Wars nostalgia and fantasy tacked on; one which wore off pretty quickly for me.

I'm with you on FPS, basically every match is.....get shot in the back/shoot someone in the back....rinse & repeat, have played halo at a competitive level but the CoD's of this works just aren't my thing. Much prefer squad games like mass effect 3 ect

im in two minds if I'm getting it myself, fallout 4 is still fresh & halo when I do play some MP.

IGN has a review in progress

Star Wars Battlefront Review in Progress
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/11/12/star-wars-battlefront-review

13 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Some of us don't spend our evenings watching nerdlinger videos on YouTube.

Noob.

Spend it videoing cats instead, much more interesting :thumb:

Anyway, I watch them at work, or when I poop because I'm interested in it, like you, so I learn about it, so I can see if I want it or not.  Nothing like an uninformed opinion :P

My preorder cost £37.50 with free delivery, so I'm not even bothered if I only get a month or two of good playing out of it.

I really enjoyed the beta, but maybe that's because I'm a Star Wars fan so I enjoy seeing Luke, Vader etc and using Star Wars weapons.

I went into CEX on Friday to get rid of the new Assassins Creed, and the new COD was £50 in there! :o :O :o

It's a fun game, I think.  I'll get it at some point, just not for £45 off the bat, plus the £40 premium (I get premium with Battlefield). 

You'll get your worth out of it, especially as you've just come from PS3, the raise in graphics/framerates will be outstanding for you and will justify it.  Plus, you like SW, so you'll be fine.

It's fun, simple fun.  You can get good at it, and the people who are good at it will be going 50 kills, 10 deaths.  The more casual people will be going positive, it doesn't really matter though, as long as you play for the objective :)

I mean, FOUR planets out of the SW universe that could have been used is a total insult. They could have made an iconic game out of this if they weren't such greedy bastards.

Imagine if they had maps where you had battles on the Death Star like in Episode IV, proper space battles like you see in every one of the movies. The shit they've served up with this is a total insult IMO especially when it's an online only game. I'm actually angry I've bought this.

Â