Star Wars Battlefront 3

packoman

I'm really enjoying it, went 64-6 earlier.

But im no battlefront veteran, so can see why some may be dissapointed.

Not sure i follow the "whoever shoots first wins" thing though, surely that would be the case in ANY fps, I'd be pretty miffed if i unloaded in the back of someones head and they could turn around and pop me back, it'd be shittiest mechanic ever [emoji38].

Battlefront, so far is just a very inoffensive, fun, easy to get into shooter.

It looks great, plays great (esp for a BETA!!!!) & nicely balanced - Why is anyone who isn't a veteran of the old games moaning?

I went in with absolutely no interest in it, and i think it's fantastic.

The spawns really do suck. On big maps ive watched people spawn right in front of me (no they wasn't spawning on a team mate)

I'm willing to bet the game population will drop fast after release. I'm finishing my games with 40+ kills, but I feel like I'm not enjoying it. Think a lot of people feel the same.

What's the spawn timer at the moment?  Is it zero seconds or something else? If it's zero then I wouldn't worry too much about them, they will almost certainly introduce a timer in the final game which will spread the fighting out but in the beta you want to stress test the servers and stop people from leaving so keeping it manic is more important. 

I had a play on this today and I really enjoyed it. Getting in the AtAt and X-Wing was fun, as was sneaking up on a bunch of 5 or 6 rebels and dropping a thermal charge on them all.

I've only played Battlefield once or twice before but wasn't a big fan of how distanced you feel from other players, but I didn't mind it on this once I'd got the hang of the ol' crouch-uncrouch-attack tactic.

• Like 1

Again, this is a Beta, there will be issues, it's also a July build, so the development has had another 3/4 months since the version you're playing.

DICE have said the spawns are getting fixed for release.

I'm not saying it will be perfect on release (it won't be), but the issues being mentioned are/have already being addressed.

I think the no spawn timer is actually a good thing as the large modes are only 20 vs 20, if there was a 10 second timer like in bf4 the action would feel much less hectic and would feel barren. They have to keep that quick turn over of players so it feels like a big battle.

i think its brilliant, its pretty much what i remember from the previous games, absolute madness, running round like a nutter getting lots of kills and lots of deaths, playing hoth you can kill people from miles away that you can barely see

i like the spawns, keep it quick, keep it manic, keep it fun more than anything else

and the game looks stunning

• Like 2

Enjoying it more the more I play it. 

I'm still not sure what sets it apart from any other shooter though. Apart from the fact it's Star Wars. Which I admit is a pretty cool selling point.

Agree with the above, that single player campaign on the old ones was fantastic, can't see this being worth full price at all with it being just multiplayer AND no space battles.

The Heroes are a bit underwhelming I thought as well.

It's DICE, they'll balance the shit out of everything. 3 months after release, the AT AT's will fall over from one bullet and the heroes will be invincible. Then 3 months after that, everyone will cry it's over done and they'll find a moderate balance [emoji38]

There is a mode where its an in space fighter jet battle, is that what you're all on about space battles?

Basically there was a game mode called galactic conquest (there's no single player at all anymore) where you'd choose a planet you wanted to attack. Then you'd fight in the space above the planet to be able to mount a ground assault and take it over. Rinse and repeat until you owned every planet. This version doesn't have it.

Also you could play as droids. Against clones. I hope you still can.

It's an ok game but it just isn't battlefront. At all. Battlefield with Star Wars flavour and I'm gutted.

Jesus, no single player campaign at all?  Yeah, think I'll either leave it completely or wait until it hits the absolute bottom of the bargain bin. :huh:

Edited by GarethRDR

yeah i played the single player first to see what it was about, its pretty much the same as the multiplayer, same maps and objectives etc but you face waves of enemies, its ok, feels like a wasted opportunity

saw a video last night of someone playing in 3rd person, didnt even know you could do that! did make the game look a lot easier, you can see so much more

There's an option for single player on the beta menu screen isn't there?

(I haven't tried it but I'm sure it's there)

I really hate that single player gaming is dying.

No campaign which is why people are pissed.

I won't be buying this :(

Â