Star Wars Battlefront 3

packoman

8 hours ago, DK82 said:

Really looking forward to getting in with this. Are the solo missions as bad as some say? Also, will I get destroyed online?

If you're unsure on how to play any game, hop on to youtube and you'll find unlimited amounts of tips, top plays, how to play, best load outs etc.

The only thing stopping you from being decent is practice.

So, off the top of my head for Battlefront videos, you have people like

Jackfrags

Levelcap

Matimio

RivalXfactor

Frankieonpcin1080p

Russianbadger

Stonemountain

There's loads.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

If you're unsure on how to play any game, hop on to youtube and you'll find unlimited amounts of tips, top plays, how to play, best load outs etc.

The only thing stopping you from being decent is practice.

So, off the top of my head for Battlefront videos, you have people like

Jackfrags

Levelcap

Matimio

RivalXfactor

Frankieonpcin1080p

Russianbadger

Stonemountain

There's loads.

Cheers mate :)

Don't watch any Tips videos dodgyknees, they're just for noobs like lapalfan! Just set it to 3rd person, sprint around shooting everything that moves and build up your points to buy some grenades and a jet pack. Easy!

Add me: Robbb182

The one player modes are pretty basic (tutorial/ basic missions/ survival mode with waves of storm troopers), but that will be a good way to get to grips with the basics, if you're worried about being embarrassed in the multiplayer modes.

• 3 weeks later...

I've not really been a gamer for about a decade. I bought a PS4 to give my nephews something to do and I've been playing this. I'm hopeless, culminating in a 0 kills 20 deaths effort last night after a small sherry. I'm enjoying the hell out of it though.

• Like 2

I love this game, even though it is flawed as that video review a few pages ago states.  There's pretty well zero team work which is the most bugging thing, and the lack of a proper kill cam is rubbish as well.  However, I think the maps are mostly great, and at the end of the day, it's Star Wars!

I got the £40 season pass for Christmas, so I'm looking forward to the downloadable content when released!

I initially had a similarly poor kill:death ratio OBE, but after a few weeks of solid playing, I'm not getting pretty good. One of my last games on Droid Run, I think I had around 9 deaths and close to 30 kills.

I sprint around constantly, which sometimes leads me into a group of enemies, but other times I'm like The Flash in a game full of Juggernaughts.

I've recently moved from the Scout trait card (sprinting/shooting doesn't appear on enemies radars) to the Bounty Hunter trait card (every kill gives you a chance to gain a pickup card, raising from 'small chance' to 50% chance as you progress up the 3 levels of the trait card mid-battle). It's pretty cool, killing someone and then a Thermal Imploder appearing in my hand B)

.... The Thermal Imploder is by far my favourite pickup, so far, in this game. You can do so much destruction. Especially if you see a group of 4+ enemies in a group! :D

Absolutely loving this game. It's great fun! I usually plan to just have a game or two but end up staying on it for a good few hours. It's annoying how some players online prefer to just find a hiding spot and shoot rather than actually play the game, though!! Does my head in!

6 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

Absolutely loving this game. It's great fun! I usually plan to just have a game or two but end up staying on it for a good few hours. It's annoying how some players online prefer to just find a hiding spot and shoot rather than actually play the game, though!! Does my head in!

That is playing the game though, just in a different way to how you play it.  I love sniping from a tower that's one of the imperial starting bases on Jakku.  From there, you can easily pick off the enemy with the pulse cannon across the entire map, and destroy AT-STs with the ION Cannon.

5 minutes ago, Risso said:

That is playing the game though, just in a different way to how you play it.  I love sniping from a tower that's one of the imperial starting bases on Jakku.  From there, you can easily pick off the enemy with the pulse cannon across the entire map, and destroy AT-STs with the ION Cannon.

It depends what game mode I suppose. Some modes it's okay, but I played a game of Cargo earlier and it just finished 5-5 because literally the entire other team just sat by their Cargo hold and literally nothing happened for the entire game. I love playing Cargo or Droid Run where it's mental and everybody is using the whole map. Hiding does work in some of the modes though, I agree.

• Like 1

That's a fair point.  Yes, on Droid Run it's fast and frantic, and to be honest camping is likely to leave you with a 0-25 record.  On maps like Jakku though, which is huge, it rewards differing styles, from the initial defending and taking of bases, to the final frantic rush for the final camp.

• Like 1

Â