Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Guzan, Westwood, Richards and Clark. Westwood might not start every game but that's a good base of English (speaking) players who will pretty much start every game. I'd also argue all of them bar Westwood can perhaps be seen as leaders. Nothing to worry about in my opinion.

I suppose you could add Grealish and Gabby to that list. I'm not overly worried but I miss an English fan favourite, we've had some great ones in recent years.

Another thing to consider with buying from abroad, the £ is currently doing very well v the € and also the French have one of if not the highest tax rates in Europe so we aren't putting them all on huge wages and they're still all earning more

Do you think that any of Townsend, Darder, Praet and Ntep are still on the radar?

Still think we need another forward even if we sign Adebeyor.

Answering my own question, but an [alleged] ITK on Twitter suggests we are waiting on Cambiasso who is interested, and failing that may have one more mid. Veretout medical tomorrow. Adebeyor this week, waiting on Holgate too, no other strikers. Baker and Robinson to go out on loan/perm, tonev, Cissokho, Hutton, baker and senderos told to find new clubs. Clarke to have new contract shortly, possibly this week. N'Zog away on Thursday.

Suggest's our new SD Almstadt is key to a lot of this activity as they were on Arsenals radar and conversations were had while at the Arse.

Twitter: whispers_listen

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 1

Do you think that any of Townsend, Darder, Praet and Ntep are still on the radar?

Answering my own question, but an [alleged] ITK on Twitter suggests we are waiting on Cambiasso who is interested, and failing that may have one more mid. Veretout medical tomorrow. Adebeyor this week, waiting on Holgate too, no other strikers. Baker and Robinson to go out on loan/perm, tonev, Cissokho, Hutton, baker and senderos told to find new clubs. Clarke to have new contract shortly, possibly this week. N'Zog away on Thursday.

Suggest's our new SD Almstadt is key to a lot of this activity as they were on Arsenals radar and conversations were had while at the Arse.

Wouldn't be too happy with that kind of treatment of Baker but if all the rest happens then I'd be pretty happy.

Keepers (3) - Guzan, Bunn, Steer

Defenders (12) - Baker, Bennett, Richards, Okore, Clark, Bacuna, Senderos, Crespo, Richardson, Hutton, Cissokho, Donacien

Midfielders (9) - Gueye, Sinclair, Cole, Westwood, Gardner, Sanchez, Gil, N'Zogbia, Tonev

Strikers (3) - Ayew, Agbonlahor, Kozak

Under 21 - Amavi, Grealish, Robinson, Calder, Sellars, Kinsella, Mason, etc.

So I've already got us on 27 players. But with what we've got, I'm not sure we'll get to the start of September with Steer, Baker, Bennett, Senderos, Cissokho, Donacien or Tonev. So that gets us nicely down to 21 players. Without including players a lot of people are including in players they'd like to leave, like Cole, N'Zogbia or Richardson.

I hope that the squad size won't be an issue and I'm optimistic it won't be. I'd imagine most the players we want out will be gone in the next month or so. I'm thinking part of the issue is we're not accepting any old loan to forget about the problem for another year. We want them off the books so we can start again clean.

As a squad we look to have some depth, but I'm concerned that the first XI is strong enough.  Obviously much will depend on how our new recruits bed in and also on who else we sign but to me at least it looks like we could field two starting XI's of average ability rather than one outstanding one?

Replacing Benteke's goals is easily the toughest task Sherwood faces - We still need a couple of proven forward options (personally I hope not Adebayor)

Another thing to consider with buying from abroad, the £ is currently doing very well v the € and also the French have one of if not the highest tax rates in Europe so we aren't putting them all on huge wages and they're still all earning more

going back to this, france has a 75% tax rate, our highest is 45%, pigeon maths time (apologies for those with a good understanding of tax)

if these young french kids are earning 10k euros a week then they take home 2.5k euros, we offer them £10k a week, take home is £6.5k, when you apply that to the current exchange rate then it comes to 9k euros a week

the tax rates and the currency conversation rate means we are tripling / quadrupling these kids wages without actually giving them that much money

its almost like the club know what they are doing....

• Like 2

going back to this, france has a 75% tax rate, our highest is 45%, pigeon maths time (apologies for those with a good understanding of tax)

if these young french kids are earning 10k euros a week then they take home 2.5k euros, we offer them £10k a week, take home is £6.5k, when you apply that to the current exchange rate then it comes to 9k euros a week

the tax rates and the currency conversation rate means we are tripling / quadrupling these kids wages without actually giving them that much money

simpsons_torch_mob-e1297270050635.jpg

• Like 1

No i refuse to believe it.  No just No

the whispers listen twitter guy is a fraud. He is the same person as 'avfc the window' who tweets every min of the day.

he deletes tweets all the time

the whispers listen twitter guy is a fraud. He is the same person as 'avfc the window' who tweets every min of the day.

he deletes tweets all the time

seems like he's doing his fair share of work load towards a more entropic universe. let chaos and uncertainty reign loose!

This new transfer policy is much more exciting than the one of recent years, signing players for 1 or 2 million or signing over the hill British players. I don't buy into the doom and gloom theories, I haven't been this excited about a season for a long time.

Edited by Razor
  • Like 2

After watching pretty much the same shitty Villa side for the last 3 years, how can this not be exciting?

THIS.

We have been shit for years now. The spine has arguably been ripped out of our team by Man City and Liverpool, but I'm so glad that we seem to have embraced it and thought - "its time to reinvent ourselves anyway".

• Like 1