Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Kozak, Agbonlahor, Ayew is a wafer thing and poor attacking line-up.

Waiting for a marquee striker signing.

Is someone who played for Real Madrid and Man. City in recent memory going to be good enough for you?

Hardly marquee though Chris

for a team in our position it is. We cant exactly attract a top name player unless they have some baggag

Maybe 3 or 4 years ago I would have agreed with you but he's 31/32 and only going to be a loan signing so hardly marquee

still a big name though, probably havent signed a player of his name recognition or calibre since Merson joined

John Carew?

Is someone who played for Real Madrid and Man. City in recent memory going to be good enough for you?

I'm intrigued by what constitutes a marquee signing, just spunking 18m on a forward dosen't guarentee that, we saw that with Bent beyond the first 6 months. Mitrovic at Newcastle, he could be brilliant or he could disappear without trace.

Adebayor whether people want him or not has played for some massive clubs and IF he wants to be can still be an extremely effective striker at premier league level as long as the crosses are coming in.

Where does this Nantes guy play?

Talking of them if we're looking for another cheap CB I'd look at Vizcarrondo who plays for them. 31 so not a long term option and dosen't have huge pace but very commanding and excellent at set pieces, I'd feel more confident with him at the back alongside or instead of Richards.

for a team in our position it is. We cant exactly attract a top name player unless they have some baggag

Maybe 3 or 4 years ago I would have agreed with you but he's 31/32 and only going to be a loan signing so hardly marquee

still a big name though, probably havent signed a player of his name recognition or calibre since Merson joined

John Carew?

he was nowhere near the level in the game Adebayor has been at

John Carew?

he was nowhere near the level in the game Adebayor has been at

True but he was very highly regarded from his Valencia days.

Another Jordan...anyway

@Jon_LeGossip: French journalist Pascal Praud pretty confident Nantes' Jordan Veretout is Aston Villa-bound, but misspelled name. https://t.co/qidN8ND1eQ

Jon has been pretty much on point with our raiding of the French league!

just read the article linking him to Plop and Spuds and saw this:

'According to L'Equipe, the 22-year-old former French junior international has already had an offer from an unnamed English club, with Liverpool and Tottenham both rumoured to be interested.'

maybe we were that club?

John Carew was also falling out of favour at the big clubs he was playing for like Valencia and Lyon so not unlike Adebayor last few years.

Again the reality is we finished 17th and Benteke was a nobody when he turned up here so just intrigued what sort of level striker we really should be signing according to some.

L'Equipe ran a story yesterday about Veretout saying he had an offer from an unamed English club whilst Liverpool and Spurs were also sniffing - but his reps didn't want the spurs move due to too much competition there.  I wonder if he likes the idea of walking straight into our starting 11 - If so there might be something in this