Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Well it means nothing really. This is a huge week for the football club, we've lost 2 of our better players and we need players in fast. If that doesn't happen this week or next week I think we're a bit screwed.

Huge week us probably an understatement, and I'm not liking what I'm hearing about the amount of £ were going to spend.

Personally I think we may see one in this week. Things seem to be pretty slow at the moment on the transfer front.

Not really the problem is there is just so much to do.
Maybe the problem is we've only got one fax machine?

VILLA SHOW DESTRO INTEREST

Aston Villa have shown an interest in Roma striker Mattia Destro, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood is in need to attacking options in light of the imminent departure of Christian Benteke to Liverpool.

Gazetta claim Roma would be willing to let Destro leave the Stadio Olimipico this summer, and the Giallorossi have been continuously linked with replacements, notably Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko.

Villa, however, may struggle to pull off the audacious move with Destro having already snubbed a move to Monaco this summer in favour of staying in Rome. 

From sky's transfer centre

His star has waned a little in the last 2 years.

Surplus to requirements at Roma and didn’t set the world alight during his loan spell at Milan this season. Obviously they have not taken up the option to sign him permanently.

Roma are looking to get rid.

Would be a bit of a gamble.

So about the perfect level for us then? 

Personally I think we may see one in this week. Things seem to be pretty slow at the moment on the transfer front.

Not really the problem is there is just so much to do.
Maybe the problem is we've only got one fax machine?

Its a pity Tom Fox couldnt bring the Arsenal one with him

How vague is "it's a huge week for the club"?

very. ok how about "its not a huge week for the club" ? ie nothing will happen this week?

So you're saying we're definitely signing a player before Saturday? There's only 2 and a half weeks left.

VILLA SHOW DESTRO INTEREST

Aston Villa have shown an interest in Roma striker Mattia Destro, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Villa boss Tim Sherwood is in need to attacking options in light of the imminent departure of Christian Benteke to Liverpool.

Gazetta claim Roma would be willing to let Destro leave the Stadio Olimipico this summer, and the Giallorossi have been continuously linked with replacements, notably Manchester City striker Edin Dzeko.

Villa, however, may struggle to pull off the audacious move with Destro having already snubbed a move to Monaco this summer in favour of staying in Rome. 

From sky's transfer centre

His star has waned a little in the last 2 years.

Surplus to requirements at Roma and didn’t set the world alight during his loan spell at Milan this season. Obviously they have not taken up the option to sign him permanently.

Roma are looking to get rid.

Would be a bit of a gamble.

So about the perfect level for us then? 

Destro to Fiorentina is nearly done, Baldini was hawking him out to anyone who he could in London and the link to us came from that. Either to just drum up the price a bit or just desperate to get rid. Divides opinion here, he does score, but he's not a great footballer. So a bit like Inzaghi/marmite. Inzaghi (pippo) was one of the worst footballers of all time IMO but scored a shedload of goals with his knee/arse from 2 yards. Some people like that ;) 

Bit of an exageration, but Destro isn't all that IMHO. The Ljalic link is more interesting as he *can* do some amazing things, just not consistently but he's young and with some super Sherwood confidence could really be great fro us. Gamble though!

very. ok how about "its not a huge week for the club" ? ie nothing will happen this week?
So you're saying we're definitely signing a player before Saturday? There's only 2 and a half weeks left.

I think it's a huge week. I think we'll make a signing and I think we'll have some surprising news that none of us have speculated on.

Player wise or club wise?

Just read through 27 pages of discussion, hoping, willing there would be some news.

So to sum up - we have no idea how much £ we have, the favorable exchange rate has convinced the Metro and Daily Mail we'll but most of southern France, Charlie Austin has been ghost writing Dean Ashton's Memoir of a Dogged Injury and Cambiasso/Adebayor continue to be divisive signings at any price.

VT you rarely fail me.

• Like 2

I think it's a huge week.  I think we'll make a signing and I think we'll have some surprising news that none of us have speculated on.

To be fair you did say you think three times there, I really hope you're right mate.

I think it's a huge week.  I think we'll make a signing and I think we'll have some surprising news that none of us have speculated on.

The Villa Park Pitch is actually a GoldenEye style satellite dish? 

Tim Sherwood is the King of David Ike's Lizard People? 

• Like 2