Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

They're always ridiculously high and rarely, if ever met (or so I remember reading). I'm not sure how Darder would work as a direct replacement for Delph though, from what I've read and seen of him he's a lot more similar to Westood.

I suppose he would replace Delph if we're switching from a 3 man central midfield to a 2 man in either a 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1

..........Gabby or Kozak(until we sign better!)

..................Gil

Sinclair.Darder.Gueye.Bacuna

or

.............ST

Sinclair.Gil.Bacuna/Grealish

.....Darner.Gueye

If we signed Adebayor and Oulare then added to Kozak we would have 3 tall target men which is too much imo and I'd rather we shell out on a small fast striker to play off of a big man. Oulare would be one for the future and a massive gamble if we are expecting him to come in and start banging them in straight away, he only has 7 goals so far in his club career. Adebayor makes more sense for a season along with someone like Destro/Wilson.

If we signed Adebayor and Oulare then added to Kozak we would have 3 tall target men which is too much imo and I'd rather we shell out on a small fast striker to play off of a big man. Oulare would be one for the future and a massive gamble if we are expecting him to come in and start banging them in straight away, he only has 7 goals so far in his club career. Adebayor makes more sense for a season along with someone like Destro/Wilson.

I know absolutely nothing but Oulare but what's to say he isn't good with his feet like Benteke? If he is then I see no problem with having 3 big strikers.

People need to stop pigeonholing players based on their height. 

• Like 1

I think Gil had and £8m release clause when we signed him. Release clauses in Spain mean very little and are usually much much higher than the players worth . something we should look into in the future ;)

• Like 1

I think Gil had and £8m release clause when we signed him. Release clauses in Spain mean very little and are usually much much higher than the players worth . something we should look into in the future ;)

I think it's more Valencia have an option to buy him back at a certain price? Or am I imagining that?

They're always ridiculously high and rarely, if ever met (or so I remember reading). I'm not sure how Darder would work as a direct replacement for Delph though, from what I've read and seen of him he's a lot more similar to Westood.

Well, Gueye has the attributes of Delph and more! ;)

• Like 1

Well, Gueye has the attributes of Delph and more! ;)

From what Sherwood said Gueye will play Delph's roll pretty much. He talked about him being a box to box player with high energy.

I think it's more Valencia have an option to buy him back at a certain price? Or am I imagining that?

That could be the case but the release clause was also there as I remember Everton were linked to him a year earlier and were set to trigger the release clause. Never happened obviously.

At the time I thought Gueye was Cleverly's replacement. If we're going to play a three man midfield again with two box to box, players we'd probably need someone else bringing besides Darder, who from I've seen seem to like to sit deep.

I've thought about it about.

Adebayor as a direct replacement for Benteke is terrible but as a squad player he might not be all that bad on the right deal.

Ya but he's going to want silly money for a squad player it just makes no sense.

If Adebayor signs he'll come straight into the first team. We need guaranteed goals and he's probably our best bet. If we can sign him alongside someone like Embolo, Martial or Ouclare, then we'll have done well.

Lot of people will be left disappointed I think. Adebayor is Def on the radar. However we just need to be patient. As ever I'll judge at the end of the window.

This.

Also if he is a mature striker as we also buy a young striker, I say go for it. I wouldn't want him on his own but I can go for that.

Quite optimistic right now.

In response to the omariqy post - waiting to judge? But didn't you say we are definitely relegated in a different thread? Is that not judging already ?

Wouldn't say losing Given is that big of a loss, especially not with the wages he was on. Likewise Vlaar didn't have much of an impact last season and is clearly crocked nowadays.

Obviously we need a big window but I think we'll get some good players in - already Gueye and Amavi are good players to be coming in.

Adebayor would be a horrible signing for me mental issues aside he will want big money, is he the kind of player you would want in a relegation battle? I don't think so. Not saying we will be in one but there is definitely a chance, taking a step back we've an unproven manager and lost our spine. For me personally I don't think we should be signing anyone over the age of 30.

I trust the people running the club will have noted this and will have slapped huge release clauses on our new players, as these are guys with real potential.

Brad Guzan made available for £3m as mass exodus at Aston Villa continues

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3167055/Brad-Guzan-available-3m-mass-exodus-Aston-Villa-continues.html#ixzz3gKwp3KKZ 

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Aston Villa are willing to listen to offers for goalkeeper Brad Guzan as they continue to undergo major changes this summer.

Manager Tim Sherwood signed his fifth player of the current transfer window when £10million French Under 21 defender Jordan Amavi agreed to join from Nice on Saturday.

But with fans still unhappy at losing captain Fabian Delph to Manchester City and the anticipated departure of Christian Benteke to Liverpool, the Villa boss is planning more ins and outs.

233E268800000578-0-image-a-1_14373047244

+5

USA international Brad Guzan will be allowed to leave Villa Park this summer after falling out of favour

2AA861EE00000578-0-image-a-3_14373047947

+5

Guzan, who is currently on international duty with USA at the Gold Cup, has been made available for £3m

2AA61E7500000578-0-image-a-13_1437305013

+5

Shay Given, who replaced Guzan as Villa No 1 at the end of last season, has joined Stoke City

High on his priority list is a new goalkeeper with Guzan being made available for £3million.

The 30-year-old American, who earns £34,000-a-week, lost his place to Shay Given after a blunder against Manchester City in April and was left out of the FA Cup final defeat against Arsenal.

Villa have already signed Micah Richards, Scott Sinclair, cover goalkeeper Mark Bunn, £7million midfielder Idrissa Gueye and left back Amavi, and lost Darren Bent, Enda Stevens, Andreas Weimann, Matt Lowton, Yacouba Sylla, Antonio Luna, Ron Vlaar and Given.In addition to Guzan, Villa will also allow Bulgarian international Aleksandar Tonev to find a new club. He played on loan at Celtic last season.

The high level of transfer activity has left Villa fans worried about the start of the new season having narrowly avoided relegation in May.

They were incensed earlier this week when Delph initially turned down an £8million move to City only to change his mind on Friday.

Liverpool have matched Benteke's £32.5million buy-out clause and the Belgian striker is expected to complete his move to Anfield imminently. 

2AAB1CA800000578-0-image-a-4_14373048419

+5

Christian Benteke will undergo a medical at Liverpool on Monday before finalising a £32.5m move to the Reds

2A818FEE00000578-0-Left_back_Jordan_Amav

+5

Left back Jordan Amavi (left), seen here playing in May, has joined Aston Villa from Ligue 1 side Nice

Don't get why we are so determined to be rid of him, surely even as a number 2?! Got to be more to it than just "that" mistake.

If our players are so good we wouldn't have been battling relegation the last few years. Guzan had an amazing first season under Lambert but has not retained his form. Fair play to Tim a clear out was badly needed.