Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

We needed additions before...

We have to hope that the club bought Gueye with one eye on Delph leaving. If Benteke leaves I wouldn't be bothered in principle considering the fee. It does mean we have to bring in a number of players which makes me nervous but perhaps with the new Sporting Director we'll see a different Villa in the transfer market...hopefully.

I don't know how I feel about Adebayor, well actually I don't like him from what I've seen - attitude wise. When he's on form though, which Sherwood was able to facilitate previously, he is a handful but I don't know if I would pay him a fortune and hope he feels like putting in a shift each week.

I'd ring QPR straight away and get Charlie Austin if possible. Natural finisher and if we can get him the supply I have every confidence he'd bang in 15+ for us.

The more I think about how many positions we need to strengthen the more I need a beer... Fridge bound...

Think a midfielder is now near the top of the list

Surely a striker?

thats the trouble, too many positions near the top of that list

The ever growing list

If the transfer window was closed I'd be worried with our squad for the season. But there is plenty of time and enough money to sort the side out. 

Over to you Tim to use the money wisely on bright talents like Praet, Mitrovic and Amavi. Not overpaid players like Adebayor please. 

Need to get some deals done a.s.a.p to give the club some good news....if we really are in for Amavi, Praet and Dardar off what the clubs and players want and get these deals done.

We certainly need five signings I'd say....two new central midfielders as Cleverley's position hasn't been replace, two strikers as I wouldn't take the risk in just replacing Benteke with one due to our other striking options and another wide player. Actually six as I've sort of assumed Amavi will finally get done early next week.

Think a midfielder is now near the top of the list

Surely a striker?

thats the trouble, too many positions near the top of that list

Yep. Two strikers, central defender, central midfielder at least. Can't see half of that happening either going on previous form. Hope I'm wrong though.

We need to complete the one signing for cash we've actually done first!!

We needed Praet before Delph left. Now we need to replace Delph as well.

A midfield 3 of Darder, Praet and Gueye could be good.

Need to get some deals done a.s.a.p to give the club some good news....if we really are in for Amavi, Praet and Dardar off what the clubs and players want and get these deals done.

We certainly need five signings I'd say....two new central midfielders as Cleverley's position hasn't been replace, two strikers as I wouldn't take the risk in just replacing Benteke with one due to our other striking options and another wide player. Actually six as I've sort of assumed Amavi will finally get done early next week.

I also think we need a CB.

I would like an LB, CB, two midfielders and a striker. Amavi,Praet, Darder and Martial will be too expensive and this is without a CB. CB is probably not on the cards either way but I would surely like a new face there as well. 

Left back, central mid, striker if/when Benteke leaves.

It's hardly a huge list. They might already be lined up. One thing is for sure, they will need to hit the ground running.

if tekkers leaves we are left with 2 strikers. surely 2 more are required to allow for injuries and formation options. add to that the midfielder we wanted anyway and now another to replace delph plus an LB and CB makes 6 required. we also still need to dump 6 or 7 seeing as neither tekkers or delph would have been on sherwoods list when he mentioned that. basically looking for 12-14 confirmed in/out villa transfers in the next couple of weeks. I'll get my coat....

Left back, central mid, striker if/when Benteke leaves.

It's hardly a huge list. They might already be lined up. One thing is for sure, they will need to hit the ground running.

if tekkers leaves we are left with 2 strikers. surely 2 more are required to allow for injuries and formation options. add to that the midfielder we wanted anyway and now another to replace delph plus an LB and CB makes 6 required. we also still need to dump 6 or 7 seeing as neither tekkers or delph would have been on sherwoods list when he mentioned that. basically looking for 12-14 confirmed in/out villa transfers in the next couple of weeks. I'll get my coat....

I guess I was talking bare minimum. 3 strikers competing for 1 spot isn't unusual. Then there is Robinson.

I'd like at least those 3 in a couple of weeks before the season starts. So next week basically. Then another 3 along the lines of what you suggest.

We certainly have the money.