Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Just saw the line ups for the game in Portugal. Unbelievable work to be done in the transfer market in the next few weeks as at the moment we are nailed on to go down.

It really does look a terrible squad doesn't it? 

Three weeks until the season starts. One and a half months until the window closes. Hmm.

Assuming Benteke and Delph are gone; which was our worst fear along with Vlaar at the start of the summer; as it stands we are currently laughably f**ked.

Next week we need actual signings.  Not rumour or hearsay and preferably not gambles either.  Shit is about to get very real indeed.

Do you think that will happen, other than perhaps Delph's replacement Gueye being confirmed?

I've stopped thinking or trying to predict the transfer window.  I have what must be called transfer window fatigue.  I just think they're staring down the barrel now but one thing I will give Sherwood is that I don't for one second think we'll fail for the want of trying.

Probably a wise decision. Totally agree with you about Sherwood. The bit of hope I have is the bloke takes no prisoners. I just have no trust in the people above him.

I trust Reilly and I hope this Almstadt bloke is some kind of Rainman genius with numbers.  One thing's for sure.  The odds are our remaining purchases will be 'interesting'.

After whats transpired today I'm convinced were going down this season

With the Spine of our team and our most consistent performers gone and us being linked to the likes of Adebayor i'm dreading it

Yes Amavi Darder and Praet would be good signings but none of them have a single prem game experience between the 3 of them

Lets hope they can all hit the ground running and make an instant impact otherwise our season will be over before its even began

Assuming Benteke and Delph are gone; which was our worst fear along with Vlaar at the start of the summer; as it stands we are currently laughably f**ked.

Next week we need actual signings.  Not rumour or hearsay and preferably not gambles either.  Shit is about to get very real indeed.

Oh yes totally agree i said at start of season we need players into gel my oh my were in for a tough season and that was with tekkers and dickhead staying lots of players need to be signed and quality one as at that. As in the post quoted shit is about to hit the fan on a destructive scale. If sherwood loses his cockiness and drive vecause if lack of ambition regarding signings then its over for us.

I trust Reilly and I hope this Almstadt bloke is some kind of Rainman genius with numbers.  One thing's for sure.  The odds are our remaining purchases will be 'interesting'.

Or more likely, 'Desperate'.

We need an overhaul. And we've got just over a month to manage it and the money we have everyone and his dog knows about with no sugar daddy dollar behind it.

The transfer window is in the process of chewing us down and getting ready to vomit up the broken corpse of Aston Villa just in time for the season.

And to make it even better the guy in the dugout isn't exactly a homerun either.

We need an overhaul. And we've got just over a month to manage it and the money we have everyone and his dog knows about with no sugar daddy dollar behind it.

The transfer window is in the process of chewing us down and getting ready to vomit up the broken corpse of Aston Villa just in time for the season.

And to make it even better the guy in the dugout isn't exactly a homerun either.

I don't think quite desperate. We've enough cash, we're still Premier League and it's not like we're a promoted side.  My one caveat would be that we need to make sure we don't go too risky on the signings.  We need to know that some of our signings can do the business relatively quickly.  If we take a punt on too many moneyballers then we could be dead and buried before they've learned to crawl.

I don't think quite desperate. We've enough cash, we're still Premier League and it's not like we're a promoted side.  My one caveat would be that we need to make sure we don't go too risky on the signings.  We need to know that some of our signings can do the business relatively quickly.  If we take a punt on too many moneyballers then we could be dead and buried before they've learned to crawl.

Give it a couple of weeks. Everyone knows we have the Benteke money, etc. We'll get held over a barrel. We already need to stretch that money because that squad was weak before the revolving door was installed a month back. I think, maybe an odd quality name, but the rest is going to be punts and 'value'. And by value I mean Adebayor and the like.

• Like 1

Funny how the Daeder link surfaced yday, apparently the day that FD notified us he was laving.

I'm looking forward to TS getting the money from the Delph/CB sales, and hopefully a bit more, and buy the players mentioned above, and i think we will be a better club/team for it.

Sod em, they don't want to be here, let them move on, they're not exactly Gray and Gidman are they?

• Like 1