Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Cambiasso and Gueye would be great additions, I'd sell Sanchez if we got those 2 and try get our money back on him. I think our midfield would be well balanced then and Westwood could potentially play up further and with a pick from Delph, Westwood, Gardner, Cambiasso and Gueye we would have good competition for the midfield spots.

To be fair Aspas looked a good signing at the time and I think he'd have been a better option than Balotelli, Borini and Lambert for them last season. Luis Alberto was very young too, was never gonna come in and set the world on fire.

Not sure about medical or not but as a signing he would be very good.

Still has 1-2 years left in him, possibly more if we actually have a decent midfield that doesn't make him look like a headless chicken covering for others all the time.

Cambiasso is a much better "old head" signing than the Joe Cole's of this world.

Would be very happy if this were true.

Have heard Leicester supporting mates argue that Cambiasso was more instrumental than Pearson in rallying the team late in the season and that their ongoing situations at the club are linked.

Not sure how they'd know this, but it's tradition to include gossip from mates of other clubs at this time of year and I'm a great traditionalist...

• Like 2

Normally I wouldn't like the idea of a 34 year old midfielder but Cambiasso was so very impressive whenever I saw him last season that I think he'd be a really good signing. Despite his age I'd be surprised if a with better short-term prospects didn't make a move for him. Would be an incred signing.

Edited by useless

I heard David Seaman talking about Arsenal signing Cech. He said that when world class player comes in to a dressing room it raise's everyone's standard's because everyone will be trying to impress him.

Cambiasso certainly falls into that category, even allowing for fact he is in the twilight of his career.