Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Linked with more rubbish players.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfer-rumour-tim-9540250?

Aston Villa have been linked with a move for Swansea City defender Kyle Bartley.

The Swansea City fan page 'Planet Swans' states that Tim Sherwood is look at the 24-year-old who has fallen down the pecking order at the Liberty Stadium and isn't a first-choice central defender.

He is currently behind Ashley Williams, Federico Fernandez and Jordi Amat and Swansea are also looking to bring in new defenders.

He spent 17 games on loan at Birmingham City in 2013/2014

Edited by Villan4Life

Percy has spoken.

Fabian Delph can leave Aston Villa for just £8 million this summer after the club agreed a remarkable release clause in his new contract.

Villa are facing the prospect of losing Delph for a minimal fee with Manchester City understood to be stepping up their interest in the England international.

Delph signed a four-and-a-half year deal in January, with his previous contract running out at the end of the season, but there was a clause inserted that allows interested clubs to take him for an surprisingly low price ahead of the next campaign. The clause is understood to only apply to teams competing in European competition.

The midfielder is on City's list of targets while he could now be added to other Premier League clubs' priorities after nailing down a regular place in Roy Hodgson's England squad.

It is believed that Delph agreed the compromise with Villa chairman Randy Lerner during negotiations over his new contract, with both parties accepting a humble buy-out clause.

Lerner is expected to sever his ties with Villa this summer, with a party being granted an exclusivity agreement, and Delph could also depart before the new Premier League season.

Tim Sherwood, the Villa manager, is working on new signings and considering a £7m bid for Feyenoord playmaker Jordy Clasie.

Southampton are also targeting Clasie, 24, but Sherwood is ‎preparing an offer for the Holland international.

Villa have signed former Manchester City defender Micah Richards on a free transfer so far since the end of last season.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11703751/Aston-Villa-midfielder-Fabian-Delph-on-brink-of-joining-Manchester-City...-for-just-8m.html

Some really disheartening links so far. Bartley, Jazz Richards, Tom Carroll, Adebayor and Andros Townsend (only cos he would want 60k/week plus and he isn't worth it).

However, Richards is a decent signing and I like the links to Begovic. Let's hope these bullshit links are exactly that.

Ah Claise, apparently the Dutch Xavi.

Someone go check on ISA and see if he's getting enough oxygen there. ;)

Ha!

I'm pretty sure that it wouldn't happen so my pants remained dry upon reading it. I think he'll be Schneiderlin's replacement at Southampton. Great that we are chancing our arm for players of his ilk though.

I just suggested on Twitter, that if we are looking in that direction, we should try for Vilhena. He'd be a great replacement for Cleverley as the more offensive player in a three. Overlooked this season by Rutten but still only 20, more gettable than Clasie. In the final year of his contract although he might renew now that Van Bronckhorst is manager. However Feyenoord aren't in the position to not consider bids in excess of £5m. Southampton tried for him in January but not sure if they are still interested.

How would he do in the prem (Claise). Is he a good tackler or more a creator, would he adapt to the pace?

How does he compare to someone like Leroy Fer who's a decent player but can't seem to stop the teams he plays for getting relegated.

How would he do in the prem (Claise). Is he a good tackler or more a creator, would he adapt to the pace?

How does he compare to someone like Leroy Fer who's a decent pla

yer but can't seem to stop the teams he plays for getting relegated.

Despite his size, Clasie is extremely tenacious so he does his defensive duties admirably. He reads the game exceptionally well also both in and out of possession. I think he'd adapt without much problem.

Fer is more comparible to Vilhena in style. I thought he did well enough at Norwich to be fair. They were relegated due to Hughton and the ineffectively insipid brand of football he implemented. QPR are just a strange case where even the decent players couldn't perform for whatever reason. In Fer's case, it didn't help that he was shunted out on the left most of the time.

Edited by Isa