Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

No takeover, Benteke looks like he might be leaving. Maybe Delph has changed his mind about Villa's prospects.

Pessimistic much? It looks less likely than during the season that Benteke will leave. We know nothing of takeover and perhaps it's all just twitter talk re delph.

I'm not saying that's what I think is going to happen. Just a possible scenario, that isn't all that far fetched.

But an unnecessarily pessimistic scenario.

What's so Unnecessarily pessimistic, about it? It's only football.

The worry for me with Sherwoods clear out is that I think they're certain characters in the squad that appreciate how big a club Villa is and it provides a healthy atmosphere for incoming players. I think Guzan is one of those players and he hasn't done a lot wrong to be moved on, having said that Begovic would be a class signing.

Which one? Maenpaa is on a free so I'm assuming it's him, there's also the brondby keeper, got the same number of caps so I'm not sure which is 1st choice

30 years old, on a free after seeing out his contract at venlo, not sure what that would achieve

If it's the 25 year old brondby keeper then that sounds a bit better, but only just

I meant the brondby one because of the link above..

Never heard of him, but apparently had interest from a few other prem teams inc Swansea.. Had a trial at utd a few yrs ago. Hopefully be as good as our last keeper who trialed at utd before joining us.

Bosnich?
yep

So thats Hrdackey,Begovic and Tom Heaton we are intrested in,personally i think we will get Heaton after Southampton signed the Fulham keeper today.

Juat cant see Delph going he seems very loyal to Villa doesnt seem a chap who would sign a new contract then leave 6 months later.

All the rumours and we haven bought anyone... Richards on a free and Sinclair was an expected fee for our finances. Makes me think the takeover is happening. I don't think were far away either.. a week or two and the new owner will start the shopping. Media speculation has been way more than usual.

My Leicester supporting friend Re: Schlupp:

'He's very fast but a pure athlete. Technically not the best but he was immense for us in the run in. He is perfectly suited to wing back. Not good enough for left mid or left back really although he is always improving. Keep your grubby mitts off!'

• Like 1

if a club is offering a player within a trasfer deal, then that club obviously see that player has deadwood or an outcast, and therefore they no longer want that player..

so what makes them think another club would want their rejects?

"i'll buy this lamborghini from you for a quarter of its price and throw in this ford fiesta to compensate you"

Just seen we have been cut from 20/1 to 2/1 to sign Asmir Begovic surely that's not true

I heard he's agreed to join Chelsea so lay it off pal

Edited by Kingman