Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Tbf the Liverpool fan response is unsurprisingly hilarious

in fairness I be pissed off if we were in top 7 and my team was signing players from the bottom 4 in the Premier LEague

F**k that!!  Borini is average at best and we'd simply be bringing Ibe up to premiership standard for a season.

Ibe is breaking into the first team at Liverpool - he's decent. Borini though - no chance. 

Tbf the Liverpool fan response is unsurprisingly hilarious

in fairness I be pissed off if we were in top 7 and my team was signing players from the bottom 4 in the Premier LEague

Not that simple though is it? If he's better than what you've got and will improve your team then he's worth a punt, their problem is they all seem convinced they are after £30m potential to be world class type players, those days are gone

I also liked how more than one of them felt that £12m + borini meant a £26m deal and Delph wasn't worth £26m! If borini is worth £14m then I'd say Delph is worth a fair bit more than £26m!

• Like 1

Jonny Gould ‏@jonnygould

The deal is... Delph to #lfc with Borini in permanently and Ibe on loan - plus £12m. It's being discussed - but unlikely.

I can see Liverpool being interested in Delph so it's not far fetched. I can't see us selling not for that fee or those players involved either.

Put simply, this just cannot be true, it's crazy.

Delph is at least a £20m young England Player, more like £25m due to his contract and age

but if your a Liverpool fan (you are obviously deluded) but from the outside you be worried about being linked with 2 players who have fought relegation for 3 seasons in a row and sign a striker that got relegated

Edited by Zatman

When Sherwood was going on about Delph's good form a few months back he mentioned there were european standard clubs in for him. I took that to mean Liverpool, they were heavily rumoured at the time of him signing his new deal anyway.

So don't quite understand why he'd reject Liverpool in January and then just sign anyway four months later.

No takeover, Benteke looks like he might be leaving. Maybe Delph has changed his mind about Villa's prospects.

Pessimistic much? It looks less likely than during the season that Benteke will leave. We know nothing of takeover and perhaps it's all just twitter talk re delph.

• Like 2

No takeover, Benteke looks like he might be leaving. Maybe Delph has changed his mind about Villa's prospects.

Pessimistic much? It looks less likely than during the season that Benteke will leave. We know nothing of takeover and perhaps it's all just twitter talk re delph.

I'm not saying that's what I think is going to happen. Just a possible scenario, that isn't all that far fetched.

Tbh, I've never really watched Borini. I get the impression he's been mis-used, or simply not given a chance, at Liverpool, but I also didn't watch much of him at Sunderland.

What earned him the move to Liverpool? Was he decent before he joined them?

Tbh, I've never really watched Borini. I get the impression he's been mis-used, or simply not given a chance, at Liverpool, but I also didn't watch much of him at Sunderland.

What earned him the move to Liverpool? Was he decent before he joined them?

He had a reputation as a poacher but he has never got more that 10 goals in a season and at 24 has only played more than 25 league games once

He is actually worse than Weimann since most of his goals at Sunderland were penalties