Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

From the Huddlestone story:

A source confirmed: “Sherwood is a big fan of Tom, and the pair have strong ties after working closely with one another during their time together at Spurs.

“Tim coached Tom at White Hart Lane when he was fighting his way back to fitness with the reserves following a bad injury, and rates him as one of the best creative midfield players in the country.

“He believes he is the manager who can bring out the best in him, and would relish the opportunity to throw him a Premier League lifeline.”

:crylaugh:

Edited by Isa

A source confirmed: “Sherwood is a big fan of Tom, and the pair have strong ties after working closely with one another during their time together at Spurs.

“Tim coached Tom at White Hart Lane when he was fighting his way back to fitness with the reserves following a bad injury, and rates him as one of the best creative midfield players in the country.

“He believes he is the manager who can bring out the best in him, and would relish the opportunity to throw him a Premier League lifeline.”

Ooooo a source with quotes, has to be legit.   

Was reading a few Sheffield Wednesday forums and it seems Pulis was after that Dielna guy in January,  the vast majority of Wednesday supporters don't rate him it seems. 

Ooooo a source with quotes, has to be legit.   

Was reading a few Sheffield Wednesday forums and it seems Pulis was after that Dielna guy in January,  the vast majority of Wednesday supporters don't rate him it seems. 

Take Medhi Benatia only around 3/4 tears ago, nobody really wanted him and his other clubs didn't rate him in slightest he already had a bosman move to Clermont Foot (their fans didn't rate him) then a year or so later another bosman to Udinese..

Show's that some defenders can turn it around and become world class like in Benatia's case!! 

Never seen Deilna play so can't really judge, but miracles can happen :D

Edited by Villan4Life

I have it in the back of my mind that we were linked with Dielna or with another Weds player in a recent window. I could be right I could be wrong. Does it ring a bell with anyone else?   

I don't usually comment much in the speculation as I'm as far removed from being ITK as is possible. Normally just enjoy reading but farrrk me this so is depressing.

I can see why Richards on a free could be worth a gamble but the rest of the links are bloody awful, not one of them sounds positive.

I just hope Sherwood isn't the pratt most people believe he is.

I said it a while back, but whoever Tim wants to bring in we should wait to see how they perform in a villa jersey before making any judgements. He knows how he ultimately wants his villa to play, we don't, and he'll know the kind of players he needs to make it happen.

I'm not going to, and I don't think anyone else should, preemptively rubbish any signings before they play and we see what he's got in mind

• Like 1

I said it a while back, but whoever Tim wants to bring in we should wait to see how they perform in a villa jersey before making any judgements. He knows how he ultimately wants his villa to play, we don't, and he'll know the kind of players he needs to make it happen.

I'm not going to, and I don't think anyone else should, preemptively rubbish any signings before they play and we see what he's got in mind

Yeah thats fine but we are aloud to have opinions on the players at their previous club.. and if we are not impressed by say Vardy signing.. you cant expect the fans to get excited by it.

Anyway so many links in only a week so i think the muppets at the papers are just throwing names around.. hoping one will stick eventually.

Why? for example Huddlestone isn't going to gain an extra yard of pace at this stage of his career to not be a liability in any setup. We have done it with every manager before him and some have changed the style of play, I don't see why Sherwood should be any different; if anything it should be the opposite considering the lack of transfer market experience he has.