Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

With Vlaar and Cleverley looking likely to be going elsewhere I genuinely think we need to spend 10/15m just to stand still and double that if we want to start pushing up the league. Sadly Lerner will give nowhere near the required amount and that could result in a disaster next season. Wouldn't even be surprised if Tim walked after finding out how much Lerner is willing to spend (presuming It will be 5-10m like usual).

In (£54mil) - CB (£10mil), Trippier (£3.5mil), Richards (free), Neil Taylor (£3.5mil), Luongo (£2mil), Cleverley (Free), AM/Winger (£10mil), CF (£15mil), CF (£10mil) Bamford (Loan)

Out (£41.5mil) - Lowton (£2mil) Hutton (£1mil), Vlaar (free), Cissokho (£2mil), N'zogbia (£2mil), Benteke (£32.5mil), Weimann (£2mil)

Feel free to help me fill in the blanks, but for a net spend of £12.5mil (which I think even we can afford) that could be a pretty substantial squad overhaul

Neil Taylor signed a new contract, luongo is off to qpr. Cleverley and trippier would be excellent but I wouldn't take Richards and I haven't really seen much of Bamford but if he does as well on loan as Lukaku did then why not. Don't think we'd need to spend £25 M on 2 strikers either, I'd rather blow that allotment of the budget wholly on someone like.... Well I have no idea, I trust paddy and his boys to find someone.

I think we could get more for lowton, Aly and andi but less for zoggy, I think he'll be off to a French club if he does go. Didn't Hutton sign a new contract after a few games at the start of this season as well? Can't see him leaving.

Berbatov?!?!

With Vlaar and Cleverley looking likely to be going elsewhere I genuinely think we need to spend 10/15m just to stand still and double that if we want to start pushing up the league. Sadly Lerner will give nowhere near the required amount and that could result in a disaster next season. Wouldn't even be surprised if Tim walked after finding out how much Lerner is willing to spend (presuming It will be 5-10m like usual).

Lerner has no say in how much we have to spend

A player coming from scoring several goals in the champions league will always be a great signing. He's always been a profrssional has mountains of premiere league experience. It would be like signing Drogba last season.

Drogba has always been much better than Berbatov though. Not saying Berbatov isn't good but I think he's quite overrated and a bit too old nowadays as well, certainly wouldn't be a long-term purchase.

Edited by Mantis

There is a lot of negative vibes surrounding the club at the moment im hoping we start bringing in some fresh faces soon. I just worry we need to rebuild massively and we need a lot of money to do it which i fear wont be available I am certain this window will be make or break for us.

Would like it if we nabbed some people from the Bundesliga some good talent in that league.

I don't think we will do enough (signings) and will end up in another relegation battle. Need the takeover to be completed and soon.

I just have this bad feeling that nothing is happening takeover wise which is very frustrating.

Got a good feeling about our incoming transfers

Have you heard something? Or just a feeling?

What I suspect will happen, and what I hope doesn't happen, is that we'll sign a few 1-3 million rated players from all over the place playing in lower leagues. We'll probably have never heard of them and we'll only have a youtube highlights video to go off. They'll be on cheap wages, show flashes, but ultimately be not up to standard. Out of the 5-8 we sign we might hit on 1 of them, who will have some degree of success. 

Apparently the story originated in the sun are saying we've missed out on a deal for Yohan Cabaye as he's decided to join Crystal Palace instead. That doesn't sound right to me, but who knows.