Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Hearing Milner is about to sign for Sympathypool and Celtic are also about to land some kid for 4m. 

Whats happened to the August/January windows? 

Disappointed in Milner

Quite a step down

They must be offering him 120k+ a week wages with a massive sign on fee

Edited by AshVilla

The way I see it is that we need to replace Benteke with more goal options across the team. I'm not sure it's very healthy to be so reliant on a single goal scorer because if he gets injured or loses form you are screwed. Austin could be one part of that puzzle but we would also need another striker and an AM or wide forward to complement him.

Be interesting to see if Sherwoods preferred style is the 2 attacking full backs or whether he introduces more natural wide men into the side.

Based on what we've seen and assuming Sherwood doesn't change it, I'd stick with Saturdays formation. I'd keep jack & look for a good replacement for N'Zog. We were also seeing Cleverley & Delph getting goals so I think we'd see an assortment of goals from 5 different players.

If he changes it then who knows? Youd back Sinclair for a few if he played regularly. Maybe a nother new player coming in as well?

I'd just like us to sign bog standard average fullbacks for a change

Balanced ones that can both defend and attack not excel at either just balanced

Less GET BACK LUNA but more offensive than Cissokho somewhere in the middle ground

That would leave us just £15M to fix the rest of the team and it needs major improvements if we're to avoid another relegation scap. If you take out Benteke replace with Austin and add a few others like Trippier here and there it isn't going to do much for our cause really.

thats assuming we have to sell to buy?

would Sherwood of took the job on the basis of " you can have money in the summer if you sell first "

look at the squad and the players that need to go is there realy enough money from selling them to improve the team ( team that has Benteke )

I doubt he would come in knowing hes got to sell his high value players

I think this is going to be a disaster of a window, I really do.

didnt you also predict we would lose everygame since Sherwood took over and kept claiming relegation was a certainty when we were winning games ;)

didnt you also predict we would lose everygame since Sherwood took over and kept claiming relegation was a certainty when we were winning games ;)

Not quite that bad but I was certainly negative.

I just don't see how we will attract players having finished 17th and being smashed in the final of a cup without even having a shot on target. Benteke wants out, even Cleverly has buggered off....

Not quite that bad but I was certainly negative.

I just don't see how we will attract players having finished 17th and being smashed in the final of a cup without even having a shot on target. Benteke wants out, even Cleverly has buggered off

Being a premier league team, we are still a good stepping stone for players on the up.

He's a very good central midfielder.

He has only ever been a "good" winger.

When we moved him to central midfielder he was a great player. That's how he earned his move to Man City.

But they went and played him on the wing again.

Then in the past season when he's had a few games centrally he's looked great again.

I bet Liverpool do the same. Buy him and whack him back on the wing.

Could they see him as Gerrards replacement ? He's not going to be as good as Gerard in his prime but he has the energy and the range to play that role

I agree with your post btw , city wasted him as a wide man

Edited by tonyh29

The sky money never seems to make any difference to what clubs spend, I don't get it.

It's spent on wages

I don't think we actually receive the Sky money till the end of 15/16 season... ?

We get sky money at the end of every season

thats assuming we have to sell to buy?

unless we've got a HUGE sponsorship deal coming, then we do

Gk: Sergio Romero

Rb: Abate

Lb: Marcell Jansen/Christian Fuchs

Cb: Richards

Dm: Mbia / Youseff Mulumbu

Cm: Cleverley

Wing: Sako/ Barnetta / Walters / Cuenca / Bakkali

St: Gignac / Luiz Adriano / Wilson

All of the above are out of contract this summer. Now I know some/most of the above would command high wages, I'm not saying we sign all those but in one or two key areas we could spend a bit.

Replace Weimann with Wilson - upgrade

N'zogbia with Cuenca - upgrade

And both probably on less wages. I really think there could be some bargains out there to replace squad players and then spend a bit more on wages for the starting 11.

except Cleverley, Wilson and probably Mbia and Walters I dont think most of them would be great signings in value for wages or could bring much to Villa. then again players like Abate and Cuenca could do with a change of scenery to get an improvement in form out of them