Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Obbi Oulare at Bruges. Tailor made replacement for Benteke a lot of the same attributes. Young, has seen Benteke suceed i.e regualr National team starter and will be on less money.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwUFm3t7tkZk&ei=3UVoVfa4IIOU7QbG3IOIBQ&usg=AFQjCNGVbtEwKo54gTNfCp_XLubvRKAPqg&bvm=bv.93990622,d.ZGU

I've already emailed the club about him. Just looks like a good fit.

Great talent, but nowhere near ready to be a PL regular starter. We could buy him now and let him stay in bruges on loan for at least another season.

Exactly or bring him in, let him benefit from the coaching and see where he needs to develop and then send him 1/2 season loan with chamionship if not quite ready.

I think he my be ready though.

We need to adopt this approach though, investing and embracing youth development.  Look how well Chelseas do it, profiting even from those that will never play first team football for them.

He is 19 and has played 11 league games for Brugge according to Wiki??

If we wait for him to be the complete article he will be somewhere else.  We need to get in before bigger sides do and that means before he is proven as the real deal.  

Granted not all of them will work out, but even if we sell Benteke for 32 Mill, we won't be spending £32 m on a striker so what are you going to do, maybe one like Ings or Austin and a couple of gambles/ ones for future seasons. 

It's all very easy to say over the internet, but if i were manager i'd be going for this guy.

Young and is a similar player to Tevez/Suarez with bags of potential. 

Uruguayan playing in his native league. 20 years old. 

Edited by avfcwills10

Exactly or bring him in, let him benefit from the coaching and see where he needs to develop and then send him 1/2 season loan with chamionship if not quite ready.

I think he my be ready though.

We need to adopt this approach though, investing and embracing youth development.  Look how well Chelseas do it, profiting even from those that will never play first team football for them.

I would like this approach to be copied, but right now we can't focus on that. Our team needs finished goods as it stands.

If we can buy a few youngsters for 1-2m each and let them stay with their current clubs on loan for 1 or 2 season that would be great. But only if we do get some bigger signings for our first team.

Obbi Oulare at Bruges. Tailor made replacement for Benteke a lot of the same attributes. Young, has seen Benteke suceed i.e regualr National team starter and will be on less money.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCAQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DwUFm3t7tkZk&ei=3UVoVfa4IIOU7QbG3IOIBQ&usg=AFQjCNGVbtEwKo54gTNfCp_XLubvRKAPqg&bvm=bv.93990622,d.ZGU

I've already emailed the club about him. Just looks like a good fit.

Great talent, but nowhere near ready to be a PL regular starter. We could buy him now and let him stay in bruges on loan for at least another season.

Maybe, but the only shot we have of replacing Benteke is a signing like this, someone who isn't established but immensely talented, i.e. exactly what Benteke was when we signed him.

• Like 2

IF Benteke goes for £32.5m then we should no buy from the UK market at all.

IF he goes it's proof that what we are trying to do CAN WORK, we buy 4 £8m players from the continent and if 1 of them turns into a Benteke we're par, 2 and we're well up and can repeat the process again x2, which would be an unbeleivable return...

It's all very easy to say over the internet, but if i were manager i'd be going for this guy.

Young and is a similar player to Tevez/Suarez with bags of potential. 

Uruguayan playing in his native league. 20 years old. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSbNrP1_B4A

You wouldnt be managing in Prem then due to the need for a work permit for this guy.

IF he goes it's proof that what we are trying to do CAN WORK, we buy 4 £8m players from the continent and if 1 of them turns into a Benteke we're par, 2 and we're well up and can repeat the process again x2, which would be an unbeleivable return...

Sounds ideal but Porto and perhaps Southampton are probably the only teams that have come remotely close to achieving that.

Sounds ideal but Porto and perhaps Southampton are probably the only teams that have come remotely close to achieving that.

Atletico Madrid are great at it. So are Sevilla. 

There is nothing wrong with buying from the UK market.

Here, last summer. Three left backs brought last summer that would have improved us no doubt. Maybe £10m for all three at the time?

Andy Robertson

Aaron Cresswell

Bertrand

You shouldn't rule out any market, you just need to find the right players and right deals. It seems to be the fashion to not by British lately. I think Sunderland had a spell under Di Canio not buying British which was quickly abandoned too.

Obbi Oulare at Bruges.  Tailor made replacement for Benteke a lot of the same attributes.  Young, has seen Benteke suceed i.e regualr National team starter and will be on less money.

I've already emailed the club about him.  Just looks like a good fit.

His fitness is a massive issue and no way ready for the PL.

Ings is off to Liverpool or Spurs too late to get on that bandwagon now 

Trippeir is another looking like off to Spurs but that leaves them alot of RB's , Walker is good attacking wise and will need first team football.Spurs will want a big fee though which would be an issue.

Alot will also depend on Vlaar and Celverly , should they stay thats the CB's and CM's pretty much covered with 4 options ( CB - Baker /Clark / Vlaar / Okore ) (CM- Westy / Cleverly /Delph / Sanchez) so leave's GK ,LB , Attacking mids and forwards to sort out.

Also we need to take into account where we finished and who we can attack and realistically aim to finish around the top 10 next season to build for the season after.We have seen from Spurs and Liverpool selling one star player and bringing in a host of players doesn't work.We need evolution ,aiming to work towards more performances like Liverpool (FA cup) Spurs and Everton in the league.

I would expect also a few of the younger guys to be given a chance especially the ''not that young anymore'' :P  Gardner

So we can't go for Ings because he might sign for one of two other clubs?? Just because clubs get linked with players doesn't mean they'll go there.

Guzan

Walker Richards Clark Robertson

Cleverly Westwood Delph

Grealish Sinclair

Austin

AVFC

No.

Oh Dear God No.

I was looking at that and I thought "Jesus, that's as bad as the team someone posted a few weeks back". Then I found the post...

GK ?

LB Taylor

RB ?

CB Richards

CB Caulker

CM Cleverly

LW Townsend

RW/LW Redmond

RW Sinclair

ST Austin

OUT bent,weiman,gabby,cole,nzogbia,sylla,given,senderos,lowton,Luna,Bennett,herd,cissokho

:lol:

• Like 3

Guzan

Walker Richards Clark Robertson

Cleverly Westwood Delph

Grealish Sinclair

Austin

AVFC

No.

Oh Dear God No.

I was looking at that and I thought "Jesus, that's as bad as the team someone posted a few weeks back". Then I found the post...

GK ?

LB Taylor

RB ?

CB Richards

CB Caulker

CM Cleverly

LW Townsend

RW/LW Redmond

RW Sinclair

ST Austin

OUT bent,weiman,gabby,cole,nzogbia,sylla,given,senderos,lowton,Luna,Bennett,herd,cissokho

:lol:

Both of those teams he chose would be relegated :D !!! Seems he prefers vastly over-rated british players..

Edited by Villan4Life