Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

Yes let's let go of our top assist getter...

Baker, Clark, Bacuna, Gardner, Weimann, and Robinson we should resign. Senderos, Richardson, N'zogbia and Helenius we play and see if they are worth resigning during the year. 

The luongo sp? Deal is done apparently, no shock there but apparently is 4million with 4 players going on loan the other way, 2 others possible perm. Robinson,Hepburn Murphy and donacien three of the loans, Kevin turner one of the permanents.might not at be announced as one deal but that's how its working apparently. I've been told that so will wait and see if it comes true. Apparently it does just need to be announced

If that's true, that would be a pretty poor deal for a guy who's likely to be a squad player. 

It's daz.

So it's not true.

And even then it's not a poor deal in the slightest.

Delph was 8m from the same league and Luongo is a full international.

Who do you guys think will be allowed to leave for free/on the cheap?

Weidmans days are numbered I reckon

Almost nailed on Expected Free's - Bent, Vlaar, Herd, Stevens, Tonev & possibly Given to release wages 

Almost nailed on Expected Cheap's - Gil, Sylla, Luna,

All the below will be going into the final year of their contracts, so its either offer new deals or  :wave:  for nothing/couple of quid!

Shay Given, Charles N’Zogbia, Nathan Baker, Joe Bennett, Ciaran Clark, Philippe Senderos, Kieran Richardson, Janoi Donacien, Yacouba Sylla, Nicklas Helenius, Leandro Bacuna, Joe Cole, Gary Gardner, Andi Weimann, Callum Robinson. 

Underlined = keeps me thinks!

Personally.....

I'd prioritise Baker, Clark, Bacuna and CNZ. The latter I think could be useful with his confidence back. I'd be aiming to give them all new deals as I think they've earned them.

I'd look at Robinson, Gardner and Donacien closely during pre-season and then assess them.

I still think out of the rest Helenius has something to offer but i'm not even sure we'll see him during preseason.

Then the players that are left I think will either see out their deals or move on during the Summer.

• Like 1

Almost nailed on Expected Free's - Bent, Vlaar, Herd, Stevens, Tonev & possibly Given to release wages 

All the below will be going into the final year of their contracts, so its either offer new deals or  :wave:  for nothing/couple of quid!

Shay Given, Charles N’Zogbia, Nathan Baker, Joe Bennett, Ciaran Clark, Philippe Senderos, Kieran Richardson, Janoi Donacien, Yacouba Sylla, Nicklas Helenius, Leandro Bacuna, Joe Cole, Gary Gardner, Andi Weimann, Callum Robinson. 

You wouldn't keep bacuna?  :wacko:

• Like 1

Definitely keep bacuna.

a new deal for N'Zogbia would be crazy, imo.

I don't think its that crazy but I wouldn't be offering him what he's on now.

I'd give him the option of reduced wages, maybe a 2-3 year deal and if he doesn't take it then look to sell or leave him to see out his deal.

I guess the issue is when a player has been signed for big money you want to either recoup some of that fee or see them come good.

First things first we need to make Cleverly and Sinclair permanent.

A new goalkeeper would be good as Guzan needs competition and Given isn't getting any younger. Id be quite keen for us to go for a younger keeper (Horne) rather than experienced.(Green) as they will probably be on cheaper wages and can hopefully develop to a standard better than Guzan (which is pretty high so to buy someone better would be very expensive!)

Luongo from Swindon would be a decent signing but in that position i'd prefer us to get Cleverly instead and also to properly give Gary Gardner a go as he's been class at Notts Forrest during his latest loan .    

A New CB to replace Vlaar is essential. Micah Richards on a free is tempting but could leave us short if his injury troubles continue.

A New LB would also be high on my list. I quite Like Luke Garbett from Everton as he's on a free and is very promising although they might be looking to resign him.

Another consideration is if(when) we win the FA Cup we will have European football so will need a bigger squad and hopefully will be able to attract a higher calibre of player.

All in all I think it will be a very interesting Summer ahead with a potential takeover and Sherwood's first ever transfer window.

The luongo sp? Deal is done apparently, no shock there but apparently is 4million with 4 players going on loan the other way, 2 others possible perm. Robinson,Hepburn Murphy and donacien three of the loans, Kevin turner one of the permanents.might not at be announced as one deal but that's how its working apparently. I've been told that so will wait and see if it comes true. Apparently it does just need to be announced

If that's true, that would be a pretty poor deal for a guy who's likely to be a squad player. 

It's daz.

So it's not true.

And even then it's not a poor deal in the slightest.

Delph was 8m from the same league and Luongo is a full international.

Most recently you have Spurs paying £6m for Delli Ali, So I guess that is the nearest and most recent comparison in terms of value for money. I have no idea how either stack up against each other in terms of ability though, so I am still none the wiser as to whether or not that would be a good deal?

I do worry about us in the Europa League. It's a bit of a design flaw in the competition in that the clubs that enter it just can't afford the depth of squad to compete on two fronts. We need to stretch every penny as it is, which is why I feel signing a keeper until Given retires/leaves is a low priority.

• Like 1

You wouldn't keep bacuna?  :wacko:

Missed the lill runt, My bad = keep!