Summer Speculation 2015

lexicon

I love Milner, but his time has gone. He wouldn't be a good fit with what we have now - and if Clev stays. I'd rather we looked at a younger player to come in and compliment what we have.

Ings to Liverpool looks like its guaranteed deal. Yesterday was his 1st goal since mid-February and maybe he isnt all that, few of his goals were penalties as well

Even Holt got more in his 1st Premier League season

I don't think we need major changes this summer. In order of priority for me I think we should look at:

1. We'll need a striker to either challenge or replace Benteke

2. Try to sign Tom Cleverley on a permanent basis

3. Sign a first choice left back

4. Make a decision on Guzan / 'keeper situation

5. If Senderos is broken, we'll need a centre back

1) A decent defender to replace Vlaar

2) A left back

3) A right back

4) Cleverley

5) A replacement for N'Zogbia

6) A striker

Can i just ask why you think we need a new RB?

I've one eye on Bacuna moving into midfield on occasions, think he has the quality. He reminds me a little of Milner and I think if he can improve on certain aspects of his game, it might be worth putting him either wide right (4-4-2) or coming into the middle for certain games. Of course, that doesn't mean we need a right back and it's the least important position.

• Like 1

Ings ain't gonna save Liverpool. Strange one.

but he can hang out with Rickie Lambert on the bench. Its a classic Liverpool signing under the owners. Decent debut season then straight into the lions den of Anfield. Lallana, Carroll, Allen all spring to mind

If we've 20m in the summer I think I'd like us to get Clev & Sinc, and maybe 3 £5m players. In all likelihood we'd be unable to shift Given due to his contract, Bent would be gone along with Herd & Stevens. It pains me to say it but I'd nearly sell Lowton he was so good that first year and I'd love to see him back in the team, but 3 right backs all capable of being #1 is just one too many. Hopefully then get £3-4m for Andy, a hard working striker who will argue that his goals ratio isn't better because he's been played out wide. If Vlaar would accept a 2 year deal on the same wages I'd keep him. I'd try to shift Senderos, Richardson & Cole to whoever would take them. Luna, Helenius, Tonev & Sylla could also hopefully generate another £2-4m.That would see us get in 3 £5m players and 2 £4m players. I'd take another £2-3m for Zog.

That would leave us with:

GK - Given, Guzan, Steer.

DR - Hutton, Bacuna

DL - Cissokho, Bennett

DC - Vlaar, Okore, Clark, Baker

MC - Westwood, Cleverley, Delph, Sanchez.

AM - Grealish, Gil, Sinclair

ST - Benteke, Agbonlahor, Kozak.

If we could get in a prospect who could cover either full back role, a centre mid to challenge the other 4, a striker to with a bit of pace who knows where the goal is (Sinclair maybe so just get another AM?) then spend the rest on young players who could be prospects but can come in and make an impact.

Fingers crossed Sherwood doesn't target Caulker

He can target, and sign, whoever he wants. He's shown he knows what he's doing, and also knows a good deal more than you, I, or anyone on this forum with regards to the kind of players that'll work in his system(s)

Fingers crossed Sherwood doesn't target Caulker

He can target, and sign, whoever he wants. He's shown he knows what he's doing, and also knows a good deal more than you, I, or anyone on this forum with regards to the kind of players that'll work in his system(s)

No doubt.

I still maintain it would be a poor signing.