Midweek football 13/16 April

andykeenan

Newcastles players are so entitled it sickens me.

Imagine being a fan of this shower of shite, who can't even try for the last half of the season..

Would prefer it to the shitty relegation battles which we have to put up with
That's not my point.

My point is, even when villa find themselves in a position of safety, we'll always give a good account of ourselves.

Fair point. Newcastle did exactly the same thing last season. It comes down from the owner. As long as they stay up Ashley doesn't give a shit so neither do the players.

Newcastles players are so entitled it sickens me.

Imagine being a fan of this shower of shite, who can't even try for the last half of the season..

Would prefer it to the shitty relegation battles which we have to put up with

You say that, but it's entirely possible we could finish above them, they're only 3 points ahead of us! If it wasn't for the fact they have WBA in the run in, I'd tip them as dark horses to go down.

They could lose the rest of their games and stil stay up. 35 points is enough

Exactly the kind of attitude they seem to have, and one that could drag them into the relegation battle. As I said, they have WBA, who I think they'll beat, so I don't think they're going down.

But that wasn't my point, you were bemoaning our situation that fans have to put up with as if Newcastle's situation was infinitely better, yet it is not unlikely that we could finish above them. Newcastle seem to have a squad of disinterested players who don't give a shit about the club and dangerously close to another relegation threatened season. Whatever you think of our current squad, even under Lambert, at least they'd get up for a game v Blues, which can't be said of Newcastle's squad, so I'd rather put up with our shitty relegation battles to be honest.

36.6 is being suggested as safe so Newcastle aren't quite there. They need a couple of draws but haven't scored a point since they beat us on February 28th

Dam, and i only have us down to finish on 36.4
  • Like 1

36.6 is being suggested as safe so Newcastle aren't quite there. They need a couple of draws but haven't scored a point since they beat us on February 28th

Dam, and i only have us down to finish on 36.4

Haha, Championship it is then... The 36.6 figure just came from Sky Sports. No idea how they worked it out. I guess the point is that they think there's a slightly higher chance you'll need 37 than 36 to stay up. I didn't even think it would be above 32 a few weeks ago but a couple of teams have sorted themselves out of late

This Madrid derby isn't quite what I was hoping for.  Real with all the possession, Atleti defending relatively comfortably and hoping to score from a set piece.   Mandzukic and Ramos niggling at each other.  It's not boring as such, but it will take about two seconds to describe the highlights to somebody who has missed the first 70 minutes. 

• Like 1

Maybe if there wasn't such an age gap.  There is almost nine years between the two so I guess Slovenia see Oblak as the natural successor to Handanovic if his career continues to develop as hoped for.   Oblak still has a lot to prove though. 

Â