Midweek football 13/16 April

andykeenan

a Bayern early knockout for me is good for football.

How can you go from having world class players playing entertaining football to world class players playing boring passing football. 58 % possession 4 shots. Its a disgrace

• Like 1

its not the point that they will qualify but even without Ribery and Robben(Gotze and Muller arent bad llads to replace them) having 6 World Cup winners on the pitch and playing boring negative football is not great for the game. 

This isnt the first time they have played like this in recent weeks. Leverkusen last week 66% possession 5 shots in 120 minutes, thats a shot every 24 minutes. Even Lambert could do that

Wonderful Suarez.  I thought the keeper was a bit weak on his first goal (still a brilliant run though) but the finish for his second is just :wub:

• Like 1

But I think what Suarez did to lead up to the shot for the 2nd goal was just brilliant. For me he's the third best player in the world but I prefer his style of football to Ronaldo. 

Edited by PaulC

But I think what Suarez did to lead up to the shot for the 2nd goal was just brilliant. For me he's the third best player in the world but I prefer his style of football to Ronaldo. 

I was thinking the other day which front trio had done more in the last 2-3 years....it's pretty tight but I'd go with Real Madrid as Bale has been better than Neymar and Ronaldo has done more than Messi although Suarez is streets ahead of Benzema who's first touch was once again woeful last night and really needs replacing now.

Put Suarez in that Real Madrid frontline as the lead forward and I think that's as close to perfection as you can get in the modern line from a forward line....it has just about everything.

I'd probably argue that Neymar this season has done more than Bale. 18 La Liga goals compared to 13 for Bale and 4 in the champions league compared to 2 for Bale. I agree I don't rate Benzema, his touch was awful yesterday. Bale is a fantastic player but Real aren't playing to his strengths. 

The Barcelona attack compares favourable to the one with henry and Eto. Now i wouldn't like to say which is better! Potentially this one could prove to be. 

Edited by PaulC

Bayern will still go through.

PSG will not.

As I see it

Bayern v Porto 50:50

Monaco v Juventus Juventus slight advantage because of no away goal for Monaco but Monaco have a chance

Barcelona v PSG tie over

Real Madrid v Atletico Real slight favourites. 

Cavani is so overrated

Doesnt matter, PSG paid £50million to buy luiz from Chelsea, this year I expect to see cavani move between another champion league club for a similar fee, just to keep the balance sheets in order before club x sells to club club y and keeps the whole ffp bollocks at arms length...

Edited by Jimzk5

Â