2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

Eds_Amy saying it's still going to happen. Hope still waits in the wings.

Saw a tweet last week that suggested she was a complete fraud using someone else's pics and info. The person she was apparently immating had 10x the followers she had.

If we were to improve our position in the League and therefor also our financial position year on year, I suspect Lerner would remain, but leaving the running of the club to Fox, Sherwood and/ or the new chairman. I get the feeling that he is gradually renewing his affiliation with the club since the black days last year when he wanted no more to do with it.

I am not bothered who owns the club as long as he facilitates an improvement.

It's hard to not agree with your last sentence, at least on the surface. It would seem logical to conclude that an improvement (both on and off the field) would increase the value of Villa, which should be enough motivation for Lerner to make good decisions.

Then again, I know from my own experience how unrewarding it is if your top manager is not really interested in what you do. I'm not sure if this has any effect on Sherwood, or the players, but I'd definitely prefer an owner who's at least interested.

Players coming in

Not impressed with them so far. Im negative and all that.

Richards is not better than Vlaar and I'm not convinced Gueye is better than Cleverley. We finished 17th last time.

Any reports of what the stumbling block was?

We are shit!
I'm guessing the Chinese stock market crash didn't help

I thought that most that were reporting exclusivity were reporting it was a US consortium?

Guys we're Aston Villa, we should all be used to this by now. It's been too long since we've experienced the good times, even in our FA Cup run, deep down knew we were in for a spanking. At least I got to see us win the Coca Cola cup twice in my life!! Bleak future!!

Players coming in

Richards is not better than Vlaar and I'm not convinced Gueye is better than Cleverley. We finished 17th last time.

Sherwood is better than Lambert?

Players coming in

We had Lambert for 3/4 of the season we did well to get 17th!! The squad was better than the performances Sherwood showed that. Hopefully that can continue and improve if we add a few more signings. We are roughly the same strength at the moment IMO but with a better coaching set up. Takeover or not we are 3/4 players away from having a proper squad hopefully Amavi will be the start of a few.

Â