2015 Takeover Thread

samjp26

He has nothing to do with the club and is waiting for it to be sold.

Spot on. Absolutely nothing to do with the club.

... except own it

... and employ Tom Fox

... and provide a little money for Gil and Sinclair

... and rubberstamp Lambert out for Sherwood in

other than that - what have the Romans... errr... Lerner ever done for us?

• Like 1

I feel like Randy Lerner is finally getting there

"Nothing to do with the club" in what sense?  I have no doubt he'll sell up if the right offer comes in, but I think he's still pretty involved.

... except own it

... and employ Tom Fox

He hired tom fox to help sell the club after selling it. From what Sherwood said when he joined it sounds like fox is making the decisions and running the club.

I'm glad he's out the way, its the only time decent decisions have been made.

"Nothing to do with the club" in what sense? I have no doubt he'll sell up if the right offer comes in, but I think he's still pretty involved.

From what I remember, Sherwood made some comments when he joined about fox running the show. I dont think Lerner has much involvement at all at the moment.

From a 'Professor of Sports Business Strategy' as per his bio:

@Prof_Chadwick: Possible impending sale of Aston Villa seemingly led by an Israel company, accompanied by English partners, financed by Chinese investors.

This screams murky to me.

Screams someone in the bullshit department had too much coffee to me

• Like 1

... except own it

... and employ Tom Fox

He hired tom fox to help sell the club after selling it. From what Sherwood said when he joined it sounds like fox is making the decisions and running the club.

"Nothing to do with the club" in what sense? I have no doubt he'll sell up if the right offer comes in, but I think he's still pretty involved.

From what I remember, Sherwood made some comments when he joined about fox running the show. I dont think Lerner has much involvement at all at the moment.

I don't think Lerner has ever wanted to be involved in decision making ...obviously he has to do some - but by and large I think Fox runs the show.

• Like 1

... except own it

... and employ Tom Fox

Out of interest what would you want him to do? What does Abramovic or the Glazers do? Owners do not do the hands on stuff.

Out of interest what would you want him to do? What does Abramovic or the Glazers do? Owners do not do the hands on stuff.

Exactly. "Having nothing to do with the club" suggests he has no role at all to play or, worse still, isn't performing the role he has (as minor as that might be in the day to day running of the club).

That simply isn't the case.

Have a long term plan, putting things in place to try and succeed and make sure these things run smoothly and continue.

Currently we've slashed wages with the sole aim of surviving and now he's stepped back waiting for the club to be sold.

Massive difference.

12 months ago this thread would have easily surpassed 10-15 pages over night over any slight nugget of supposed ITK. It just goes to shows how worn down by bullshit people are. Reading through the guys tweets he does seem to know what he is on about. I'm very apprehensive though if it is this multinational consortium in talks, they can have WBA.

Have a long term plan, putting things in place to try and succeed and make sure these things run smoothly and continue.

Currently we've slashed wages with the sole aim of surviving and now he's stepped back waiting for the club to be sold.

Massive difference.

He's long term plan is a short term one and that's to sell the club!!! If you listened to Tom Fox interview when he came he set out how and what we aim to achieve I think seeing as he's employed by Lerner it's was also Lerners plan at that time. Why have a dog and bark yourself.

12 months ago this thread would have easily surpassed 10-15 pages over night over any slight nugget of supposed ITK. It just goes to shows how worn down by bullshit people are. Reading through the guys tweets he does seem to know what he is on about. I'm very apprehensive though if it is this multinational consortium in talks, they can have WBA.

Why?

He authored this article about the development of Chinese investment in football which made for an interesting read, in particular the bit linking it to government policy.

This seems to me to be the latest successor to the wave of Arab ownership and Russian ownership prior to that. I don't see what reason there is to be any more apprehensive about a Chinese influx.

Â