Pre-Match Thread

maqroll

Hope Bacuna keeps his place in the team.

Hutton getting straight back in the starting 11 after such a good performance of Bacuna would send out a bad signal to the rest of the squad.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Last time we beat them in the league was Benteke's first goal I think; Sept 2012.

Edit: not that I think it's doom and gloom; we've got a really good chance... Think it might be a draw though, with quite a few goals: 2-2.

Edited by alreadyexists

would love a bit of swing low to be sang today with the 6 nations games deciders on too :)

That would be good. Either way VP will be totally pumped up, just the way it should be. I love the idea of the ultras being there too, I assume that's all home games now?

A few people said Bacuna should keep his place, I think he did really well against Sunderland, but I think Swansea have more attacking options and I think Huttons right back experience would be a good idea. I know he doesn't offer the same attacking presence but I think we'll need his defensive capabilities over Bacunas. Tough call though. I'd probably got for;

Guzan

Hutton Okore Clark Lowton

Cleverley Delph

N'Zogbia Sinclair

Gabby Benteke

Would love to see Gil though!

I'd take a draw !

Are you serious? Aston villa should always beat teams like Swansea. We're a much bigger club than them.

We're at home, anything other than a win is unacceptable.

We are certainly a bigger club then them but we are not however a better club then them right NOW. The league table does not lie. This is my third villa v swansea game and each time we have been played off the park.

If they play 3 in central midfielder I just pray we don't line up with a 4 4 2 formation as can honestly see us being played off the park again with the extra man they will have in the centre.

A draw would be fantastic tbh. Got a sneaky feeling we are going to lose today 2 - 1 but at least we will lose fighting under Tim.

A few people said Bacuna should keep his place, I think he did really well against Sunderland, but I think Swansea have more attacking options and I think Huttons right back experience would be a good idea. I know he doesn't offer the same attacking presence but I think we'll need his defensive capabilities over Bacunas. Tough call though. I'd probably got for;

Guzan

Cleverley Delph

N'Zogbia Sinclair

Gabby Benteke

Why change a winning team? If Swansea play a diamond like they have been then Bacuna will get chances to get forward and put in crosses

Guzan

Cleverley Delph

N'Zogbia Sinclair

Gabby Benteke

Why change a winning team? If Swansea play a diamond like they have been then Bacuna will get chances to get forward and put in crosses

True, we'll have to wait and see what Timmy does!