Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

• 4 weeks later...

In fact, can anyone locate that big long cartoon strip starring all the countries? It maps out 70% of history, I remember it being bloody impressive.

Just been through this whole excellent thread after it but I have a feeling it is in the depths of phunnay pics.

Except for USA saying 'We can't win all your wars for you', whatever that means.

That would be the US not getting in prior to Pearl Harbor... (though it ignores Lend-Lease and various island swaps etc.)

• 3 weeks later...

Taken from Digg, it is presented as "how Europeans see America"

w6jo3.png

I think our colonial chums are kidding themselves if they think we know/care about any of the states that dont have a coastline. I'm pretty sure a map done by the average European would have New York and Disney on the east coast, Kurt Cobain and Hollywood on the west. Some might put in Vegas. The rest of the country? Rednecks and Christian fundamentalists.

I'm pretty confident that Europeans dont credit the good people of Illinois with the invention of pizza either.

*edit*

And I thought Salem was near Chateau Levi? I would wager they like witches these days too, half the towns industry probably revolves around cashing in on tourists!

And I thought Salem was near Chateau Levi? I would wager they like witches these days too, half the towns industry probably revolves around cashing in on tourists!

Correct.

The people of Danvers, formerly known as Salem Village, curse their forebears decision to rename the town due to the shame of the trials (which occurred there as opposed to in Salem proper), since it's allowed Salem to get all the tourist money.

Â