Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

1087ivq.png

Another "what the **** does it mean?" one.

Obviously it reflects population density to a certain extent, but it also represents something quite specific.

There is a little bit of significance to a VT member too..

1087ivq.png

Another "what the **** does it mean?" one.

Obviously it reflects population density to a certain extent, but it also represents something quite specific.

There is a little bit of significance to a VT member too..

I saw this earlier but I wont spoil it, however I think it's probably impossible to guess without at least a hint, the UK equivalent would not look too much different but Cuba would only have one bright point.

Nope. Its proximity to McDonalds restraints.

The furthest point you can be from a McDonalds in the contiguous United States is here. Its 107 miles (as the crow flies). Its just down the road from Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Hometown of one ClaretMahoney.

Nope. Its proximity to McDonalds restraints.

The furthest point you can be from a McDonalds in the contiguous United States is here. Its 107 miles (as the crow flies). Its just down the road from Sioux Falls, South Dakota. Hometown of one ClaretMahoney.

Nice one Rev! Interesting point as well, as that the center of the USA is not far from that point either, about 2 hours south actually.

And another fun fact, I used to live about 15 miles from Belle Fourche in Spearfish, SD, where I went to Uni for a year. :)

yet another...that's about an hour or so away from 435_Mt%20Rushmore.jpg

There are people in Kansas who would dispute that...

(after all, who gives a shit about Hawaii and Alaska?)

On a related theme:

800px-Mean_ctr_pop_US_1790-2000.png

800px-WorldCenterOfPopulation.png

(the point on the world that is the shortest average distance to every person on Earth is roughly at the "crossroads" of China, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan, while its antipode (Easter Island, more or less), logically, is the furthest from the average person on Earth)

Â