Possibly interesting maps...

tonyh29

That Mariana Trench post creeps me the hell out. To think that there are waters on this planet that go that deep is just mind blowing. Imagine the life that could be down there! Imagine the size it could be!

There could be freakin animals the size of the Empire State building just chillin down there!

(sorry bout the shit pun)

That Mariana Trench post creeps me the hell out. To think that there are waters on this planet that go that deep is just mind blowing. Imagine the life that could be down there! Imagine the size it could be!

There could be freakin animals the size of the Empire State building just chillin down there!

I doubt it. How would they withstand the pressure? More likely to be microscopically tiny creatures if anything.

But yeah, it's a bit of a mindfuck, innit?

Yeah if there were a massive empire state building creature down there built to survive the pressure it would probably explode if it ever tried to come to the surface where there wouldn't be enough pressure to hold it together.

That would be cool to see...

Yea I guess I didn't think about the pressure bit there

I guess I really don't understand it so it didn't cross my mind.

Anyone for a physics 101 please?

There's a million billion tons of water pushing down on your head...

Two for Levi to guess. :P

v3j62a.png

2463lkw.png

You were right on the first one, its a CIA list of developed nations.

The second one is the most common consensus of which countries are considered regional powers. Bit harder to guess, and somewhat open to debate.

• 2 weeks later...

us_bars_groceries_100122cropped.jpg

usbars100122.jpg

Floating Sheep"]

We were quite surprised, however, when we did a simple comparison between grocery stores and bars to discover a remarkable geographically phenomenon. We had expected that grocery stores would outnumber bars and for most parts of North America that is the case. But we could also clearly see the "beer belly of America" peeking out through the "t-shirt of data".

Starting in Illinois, the beer belly expands up into Wisconsin and first spreads westward through Iowa/Minnesota and then engulfs Nebraska, and the Dakotas before petering out (like a pair of love handles) in Wyoming and Montana.

The clustering was so apparent that we wanted to check how it compared to the "official" data on this activity. So we gathered 2007 Census Country Business Pattern on the number of establishments listed in NACIS code 722410 (Drinking places (alcoholic beverages)) and divided by Census estimates for state population totals for 2009 and found remarkable correspondence with our data.

On average there are 1.52 bars for every 10,000 people in the U.S. but the states that make up the beer belly of America are highly skewed from this average.

1. North Dakota: 6.54 bars per 10k people

2. Montana: 6.34

3. Wisconsin: 5.88

4. South Dakota: 4.73

5. Iowa: 3.73

6. Nebraska: 3.68

7. Wyoming: 3.40

Any thoughts Mr. Mahoney?

Â