The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I don't mind following Sherwood right down to the Championship if that's what's needed for everyone to gel and to learn, but I fear Randy would boot him -- and then we'll still go down. But but but ... I really don't think we'll go down with Tim. Still think we'll be fine.

If we go down the players we have won't be here to gel, we'll get pillaged. 

I'm counting on it! :P

The bigger picture for me is that he is tactically naive, arrogant and happy to point the finger at others. Saints away last season was a warning sign for me and i had hoped bringing in Wilkins may have helped him tactically.

After the last 4 games either Wilkins is also tactically naive or Sherwood is possibly ignoring the input of his colleagues and backing his own judgement.

My money is on the latter.

• Like 2

With such a big turnaround win players, anybody who thinks we were going to be midtable or better at this stage of the season is naive. Its going to take time. I just hope Sherwood is given time.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

he has spent 45/50 million, some 9 million players look far from it......it smacks to me of kid in a sweet shop syndrome and i dont think he knows what his best team is yet and is still guessing at it.

He can talk the talk but the jury is very much out on his ability to do the walk !!!!!

• Like 1

With such a big turnaround win players, anybody who thinks we were going to be midtable or better at this stage of the season is naive. Its going to take time. I just hope Sherwood is given time.

8 of our 11 starting players were at the club last season so it's not the players don't know eachother and need months to gel. People said Lambert needed time. He got that and it only got worse. We cannot afford to fall into the same trap under Sherwood. Lose against Sha and he should go imo

The three up top game has evolved so much over the last ten years and I don't think Sherwood has realised. Those wide players don't have to be entirely attacking options any more, they can equally drop back inside to crowd the middle of the park out, which when we've got too holding midfielders that struggle to break play up is a completely viable option.

Regardless, as mentioned on the match thread, we have no enforcer, no bully, no natural leader to grab the game by the balls and lift everyone else up. Sherwood hasn't addressed the 'losing mentality' as he didn't sign one, that's what we need, a true captain, look at how Csmbiasso did at Leicester last season, he made that season theirs and he's nearly 40.

You would only have to see and analyse how West Ham have succeeded today at the Etihad.....To know what is wrong with us.

working their socks of and GRINDING  out the result.

until we can do that....keep your tin hats on.#

ps Get John Fashanu in as coach:wub:

No, I think there's far more to it than that.

8 of our 11 starting players were at the club last season so it's not the players don't know eachother and need months to gel. People said Lambert needed time. He got that and it only got worse. We cannot afford to fall into the same trap under Sherwood. Lose against Sha and he should go imo

At the end of the year, he inherits a club headed straight for relegation. He's lost four of six matches in the new season. That's sackable? At Aston Villa???? With a manager starting only his third year as a top-flight manager?

53893529.jpg

At the end of the year, he inherits a club headed straight for relegation. He's lost four of six matches in the new season. That's sackable? At Aston Villa???? With a manager starting only his third year as a top-flight manager?

53893529.jpg

Lets just see how we get on against Small Heath. If the unthinkable happens most Villa fans will be calling for Sherwoods' head

• Like 1

53893529.jpg

Lets just see how we get on against Small Heath. If the unthinkable happens most Villa fans will be calling for Sherwoods' head 

And they will join the ranks of clangerheaded shitbuckets the world over. :) I will grant you one big concession: he really painted himself into a corner with his "most important matches ever in history" bollocks pre-game. Why do that? Who does that help? Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Fans_2881048b.jpg 

Edited by Plastic Man

My worry with Sherwood is how tactical naive he is and it seems to be growing game by game. Against Sunderland he could not break down a piss poor side, against Leicester he was utterly incapable or reacting to their tactical changes and worse still his substitutions bordered on suicidal. Today he set up the side in precisely the same way as at Leicester playing completely into Pulis's hands who simply set up West Brom to deal with the completely obvious 'threat'. Our game descended into a Lambertesque hit and hope which was easily dealt with by their defence.

Even more worryingly he has managed to get our players hiding in their shells and too frightened to take players on so we are now treated to these laboured build ups, as an alternative to hit and hope, that are far too easily snuffed out.

I am sick to the back teeth of going to VP and seeing utter gash.

• Like 2

Why isn't Sherwood the problem? What is more of a problem right now for a struggling team than an inexperienced manager making (repeating) mistakes that are costing points? I want the bloke to do well but he was a massive gamble when we signed him and let's be honest, he's not doing particularly well right now.

My worry with Sherwood is how tactical naive he is and it seems to be growing game by game. Against Sunderland he could not break down a piss poor side, against Leicester he was utterly incapable or reacting to their tactical changes and worse still his substitutions bordered on suicidal. Today he set up the side in precisely the same way as at Leicester playing completely into Pulis's hands who simply set up West Brom to deal with the completely obvious 'threat'. Our game descended into a Lambertesque hit and hope which was easily dealt with by their defence.

Even more worryingly he has managed to get our players hiding in their shells and too frightened to take players on so we are now treated to these laboured build ups, as an alternative to hit and hope, that are far too easily snuffed out.

I am sick to the back teeth of going to VP and seeing utter gash.

I think this is very astute analysis. Let's hope he learns. That's the key with me. Don't really care what he says in public and he can lose a few matches and that's OK, too. But will he learn? Is he teachable? 

Edited by Plastic Man

Â