The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Bacuna over Gil is the kind of negative selection I didn't think was his style. Apart from that, not much more he could do. Our best attacking players aren't fit and yet we've still probably done enough to have won it.

Gil isn't match fit.

I have no issues with the selection or performance today really.  We should've won.  We created enough to win.  We didn't win.  Sometimes teams have those days.  Bournemouth had one against us and we ended up winning.

Bacuna over Gil is the kind of negative selection I didn't think was his style. Apart from that, not much more he could do. Our best attacking players aren't fit and yet we've still probably done enough to have won it.

Gil isn't match fit.

I have no issues with the selection or performance today really.  We should've won.  We created enough to win.  We didn't win.  Sometimes teams have those days.  Bournemouth had one against us and we ended up winning.

We didn't need to play three central midfielders and then Bacuna out wide though. We could have played one less midfielder and added in Ayew or Kozak up front. 

I am sorry but that was pathetic by Tim. Thats two weeks now he has sat back and watched a manager out think him.

What is worse was the negative side he picked from the start. I was fuming seeing that line up. At home to the worst team in the division and we play with what is basically two attackers.

Again.. just like the Palace game... the opposition manager makes changes and gets results.. and Sherwood didnt. Was watching the game with a few mates who dont know our side well.. and both were screaming for 'Clown' to get off the park. Gestede was poor and should have been taken off 60th minute. Kozak would have played alot better. Even bring on Ayew for Westwood.. we had Gana and Sanchez running that midfield. Disappointed as i thought he was a bit more of an attacking manager than Lambert. Think hes cost us the last two games personally.

Needs to be smarter with his team selections/tactics. Worrying.

You do realise the change made by Sunderland affected the midfield, which we lost and directly lead to their equaliser?  Taking off Westwood would've been a **** terrible decision.

Gil isn't match fit.

I have no issues with the selection or performance today really. We should've won. We created enough to win. We didn't win. Sometimes teams have those days. Bournemouth had one against us and we ended up winning.

Surely he could have played the first half and then bring bacuna on when he's done. I'd rather start positive and change than wait to bring him on.

I am sorry but that was pathetic by Tim. Thats two weeks now he has sat back and watched a manager out think him.

What is worse was the negative side he picked from the start. I was fuming seeing that line up. At home to the worst team in the division and we play with what is basically two attackers.

Again.. just like the Palace game... the opposition manager makes changes and gets results.. and Sherwood didnt. Was watching the game with a few mates who dont know our side well.. and both were screaming for 'Clown' to get off the park. Gestede was poor and should have been taken off 60th minute. Kozak would have played alot better. Even bring on Ayew for Westwood.. we had Gana and Sanchez running that midfield. Disappointed as i thought he was a bit more of an attacking manager than Lambert. Think hes cost us the last two games personally.

You do realise the change made by Sunderland affected the midfield, which we lost and directly lead to their equaliser?  Taking off Westwood would've been a **** terrible decision.

I disagree. I think (and stats may prove it) we had way more of the ball. Whether it was Westwood or Sanchez. We didnt need three defensive midfielders to contain Blunderland.

Gil isn't match fit.

I have no issues with the selection or performance today really. We should've won. We created enough to win. We didn't win. Sometimes teams have those days. Bournemouth had one against us and we ended up winning.

Surely he could have played the first half and then bring bacuna on when he's done. I'd rather start positive and change than wait to bring him on.

When the first half ended, we were winning 2-1.  The first half wasn't a problem.

Gil isn't match fit.

When the first half ended, we were winning 2-1. The first half wasn't a problem.

Yeah true, it was working. I'm just not a fan of bacuna anywhere but rb.

I disagree. I think (and stats may prove it) we had way more of the ball. Whether it was Westwood or Sanchez. We didnt need three defensive midfielders to contain Blunderland.

I think I saw it as 61% to us, so we certainly controlled the midfield. I also don't think three central midfielders against Sunderland is a good idea. We are already missing two attacking players, so we need to make sure we have enough up front to cause problems. To make matters worse he then leaves Gestede on for the full 90. This - in a way - was a Lambert type set up.

Toivonen came on, overran Sanchez completely.  They created 2 chances directly off the back of Sanchez failing to win a ball against Toivonen - one Defoe blasted wide, one they scored the equaliser from.  They only had 6 attempts all game. (To describe Gueye and Westwood as defensive in that game is ridiculous as well.)

The changes needed to be made up top.  The change Sunderland made that was "the difference" involved the centre of the pitch.  There's just no way we should've weakened that.

He wasn't out thought at all. The opposition manager bought on more attackers and they were losing, the first 10 minutes of the second half was always going to be them more on the front foot and thus we would have had some more space to counter into, unfortunately due to individual errors we conceded and then they had the momentum for a while. We then took back control of the game and made more than enough chances to win, which weren't taken. I do think Gestede should have made way.

And statements like the one bolded make it hard to take anything you've written seriously, we probably made more chances in the game than under the entire Lambert reign last season.

Toivonen came on, overran Sanchez completely.  They created 2 chances directly off the back of Sanchez failing to win a ball against Toivonen - one Defoe blasted wide, one they scored the equaliser from.  They only had 6 attempts all game. (To describe Gueye and Westwood as defensive in that game is ridiculous as well.)

The changes needed to be made up top.  The change Sunderland made that was "the difference" involved the centre of the pitch.  There's just no way we should've weakened that.

They were overrunning us because Gestede and Bacuna were offering the ball back on a plate and we couldn't get the ball to stick in their half. We invited pressure by playing too deep at home, with too many central midfielders and with a striker who wasn't working and a winger who was making too many simple errors. An extra attacking body would push them back and give us more options for an attacking pass.

I'm slightly concerned that we are relying on 2 19 year old lads to win us games.

Yep. Badly need a good Striker.

They were overrunning us because Gestede and Bacuna were offering the ball back on a plate and we couldn't get the ball to stick in their half. We invited pressure by playing too deep at home, with too many central midfielders and with a striker who wasn't working and a winger who was making too many simple errors. An extra attacking body would push them back and give us more options for an attacking pass.

But right there you've mentioned the players who should've been replaced (and one was) - Gestede and Bacuna.  Not one of Gueye/Westwood/Sanchez.

Â