The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

Even though it is still very early days, does anyone else look at the list of players we have signed and worry we have once again wasted a lot of money. 

No.

• Like 3

Even though it is still very early days, does anyone else look at the list of players we have signed and worry we have once again wasted a lot of money. 

No.

Yep nothing at all to suggest we've wasted a lot of money.  A couple might take a bit longer than we'd hope to get going but overall I think our business looks very good. Now lets hope we can get a couple more in by Tuesday.

• Like 1

Gana was terrific yesterday. Veretout looks like he could be a very good signing.

I disagree, I think Gana looks decent sometimes, but looses possession sooo often and seems to panic as soon as he gets close to the other teams goal. his passes can be extremely sloppy at times and he seems to go missing for periods of the match. Both Sanchez and Westwood have outperformed him so far this season.

Veretout performance against Utd. was awful, absolutely terrible, he has not done anything to make me think he will be a good signing. It does not help seeing him on the bench for the last two premier league games and the manager not putting him on. If he is off pace, then he needs to play games, even 10-20 minutes at the end of matches would help. Managers usually give their signings a chance to get used to the team before they are dropped.

Kodak for me, always turns a negative into a positive.

Also he would have known what to with Lens.

I'll get me coat.

Still needs time to develop IMO.

Very good from long range.

Not good enough to be the focal point of our attack.

• Like 1

I admit I'm only having a glance in here but some of the posts make me think it's last season still. Is it really that bad? I'm actually looking forward to each game and it's been a while since I've been able to say that.

Its not that bad, just some OTT posts. Majority of fans I guess would be reasonably content. Still work to do, of course, but on the right path

• Like 3

I admit I'm only having a glance in here but some of the posts make me think it's last season still. Is it really that bad? I'm actually looking forward to each game and it's been a while since I've been able to say that.

Its not that bad, just some OTT posts. Majority of fans I guess would be reasonably content. Still work to do, of course, but on the right path

True. I goes the OTT posts stand out

Even a grumpy sod like me is positive :D

Kodak pun?

Well , our 2 best players of last season are certainly pulling up trees at their new clubs aren't they?......and they are used to the Prem.

one has been injured granted.

its early days for all.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

The only player we've signed who I've seen nothing from yet is Ayew.

But even so its way too early to judge his ability. There are literally dozens of reasons he may not have hit the ground running.

Every other signing I've seen something positive from. I guess Crespo could be another exception but I haven't actually seen him play yet and he cost basically nothing anyway.

I think our signings have been very positive.

I do think we could do with a better striker though. I still think Kozak could play a part but he's not a lone striker.

• Like 3

Not even close. If anything I am thinking he has done extremely well given what he has spent and am pulling myself back from getting carried away as it is early days.

Gana looks like he has been playing in the Prem years and looks a superb bit of business. Amavi has done extremely well. Richards and Sinclair obviously have proven themselves at this level/league but have both started the season well.

Traore it is very early days with but he looks a real gem. Veretout has done ok but may well take time to settle. Gestede cost 6 mill and has come from the Championship and in fairness at times looks exactly that (a championship level forward) but he does for me have something about him to suggest he will do ok and given more game time will adjust to the Prem. The only one I have slight concerns about is Ayew but it is way too early to be writing players off especially when they are young and new to the league.

Of the rest Bunn is a reserve keeper and Crespo a  cheap squad filler who can cover a number of postilions who we may or may not see much of.

I think we need two more additions. A centre back and a centre forward. We get them, and one looks to be in the bag, I think given some time for the new lads to settle and the team to gel then we will have a half decent season and am I extremely confident we will finish mid table. I think whilst the manager works out his best team and the new players to the league do adapt there will be some bumps along the way. As supporters we need to accept this and be patient.

Shame. I was hoping to see a bit more of the postilions.  :)

I have sounded a little negative lately on here I admit, but I have no doubt the money has been spent well, an we just need time to adapt, unfortunately in the Prem your not given to much time and this is a small problem.

On a positive note, I don't have a season ticket but with the new squad I don't think I will have a problem building up my allocation for the Bloose cup game, I am enjoying going to watch Villa again and for me this can only be the start of a good season ahead...................hopefully.

I have sounded a little negative lately on here I admit, but I have no doubt the money has been spent well, an we just need time to adapt, unfortunately in the Prem your not given to much time and this is a small problem.

On a positive note, I don't have a season ticket but with the new squad I don't think I will have a problem building up my allocation for the Bloose cup game, I am enjoying going to watch Villa again and for me this can only be the start of a good season ahead...................hopefully.

What's your definition of the word lately......  :P

• Like 1

Kodac has been known to cannon a shot in every so often , when he filters out the right time to Take a shot , he will get more goals.

He's also quite snappy in the area but I feel he's best suited to a photo4 formation.

I am sorry if I came of very negatively, but I am just finding it hard to get rid of the pessimism that has been installed in me these last 5 or so years xD And I just haven't been very impressed by us so far this season(yes we had 22 shots against Sunderland, but having seen all their matches so far this season, they are seriously shit). and therefor I am really trying hard not to push the panic button straight away, just like Villa, I am afraid I need a lot of fixing mentally before I become a positive football fan again.

But I do agree that the trio of Gil, Adama and Grealish is frightening, with a decent striker (surely Sinclair would be our best striker) in front of them we could hopefully become quite entertaining again.   

Â