The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

He's done a very, very good job in the short term.

However, long term, we're yet to see.

well nobody knows whats going to happen long term

best just wait and see

Stating the obvious there, long term we're yet to see, of course lol.

Glad that was cleared up. Always getting short term and long term confused.

• Like 2

Stating the obvious there, long term we're yet to see, of course lol.

Glad that was cleared up. Always getting short term and long term confused.

Would be fantastic to be able to write a post without the passive-aggressive response. Makes it impossible to comment on anything.

Slightly worrying end to the season but i'm putting it down the the players being thoroughly exhausted mentally. Starting line up and tactics were questionable today but hopefully we'll see the proper Sherwood Villa against Arsenal.

• Like 2

Slightly worrying end to the season but i'm putting it down the the players being thoroughly exhausted mentally. Starting line up and tactics were questionable today but hopefully we'll see the proper Sherwood Villa against Arsenal.

Pretty much this.

Not convinced with Sherwood at all. Too one dimensional, too stubborn and seems to stick with shit players for too long. I won't be going into next season with much confidence in him. He got us playing good stuff while he got the players giving 110% but it's showed to not be sustainable and is only a short term fix. Over a full season he will get found out imo

• Like 1

I see shades of MON in Sherwood - an arrogance that borders on stubborness with no plan B at his disposal.

Very pleased TS saved us from certain relegation but not going to profess he's the messiah just yet.

• Like 1

Not convinced with Sherwood at all. Too one dimensional, too stubborn and seems to stick with shit players for too long. I won't be going into next season with much confidence in him. He got us playing good stuff while he got the players giving 110% but it's showed to not be sustainable and is only a short term fix. Over a full season he will get found out imo

Were you saying this before Soton? Will you be saying it if we win the Cup?

• Like 1

That was absolute shite from manager and players alike. It's like none of them feared for their places. The manager was totally reactive throughout. I never was confident for the final but less so now.

• Like 1

I think he deserves the chance to strengthen and a full season, or until january at least to be judged.

For now hes saved us from relagation and got us to wembley so for now its a big thumbs up.

I see shades of MON in Sherwood - an arrogance that borders on stubborness with no plan B at his disposal.

Very pleased TS saved us from certain relegation but not going to profess he's the messiah just yet.

Agree here and the same has happened, players totally knackered at the end of the season. You can't play all season on graft MON proved this.

• Like 1

Yes why wouldn't I? Are you trying to belittle my opinion and make out like it's not based on everything I've seen of sherwood since he has been manager?

Needs to win the FA Cup otherwise an half decent start to his Villa career has been tainted beyond recogition. If we do have new owners waiting in the wings ( seems more and more doubtful) then I'm sure they'll be watching on with interest knowing they'll have a decision to make.

To be fair, he's never looked certain tactically and the manner in which he's done his job with us so far (motivating the players) may not prove to be effective long term. Very grateful for what he's done, but lessons to learn in the summer and the transfer window is SO important.

• Like 1

'Dead rubber games'? A lot of our victories under Sherwood have come in matches that the opposition would consider a 'dead rubber game' so it goes both ways.

Â