The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

A loss seemed a near unanimous prediction pre-game, so not a lot's changed. Qpr winning is obviously hugely disappointing though.

Difference in quality showed clearly as did their form, still created a few chances and kept them with touching distance. Tuesday is a monumental game.

• Like 1

In 40 odd games we've beat man u 3 times. Sherwood out.

For me, it's the same mistake that Lambert made against Arsenal - setting up to play high and attacking football against a strong side.

I have no problem with it (we're in a poor position and need points) but many people criticised Lambert's approach at the time.  It's been exactly the same from Sherwood.

The better option would've been to defend deeper and try to nick a point, but "we go again"

For me, it's the same mistake that Lambert made against Arsenal - setting up to play high and attacking football against a strong side.

I have no problem with it (we're in a poor position and need points) but many people criticised Lambert's approach at the time. It's been exactly the same from Sherwood.

The better option would've been to defend deeper and try to nick a point, but "we go again"

I thought although we picked an attacking side we were trying to defend and catch them on the break.

Lambert was rightly criticised for many things and when Sherwood's had two years, built his squad and taken us to historic lows then he should get the same treatment.

I have no problem with it (we're in a poor position and need points) but many people criticised Lambert's approach at the time. It's been exactly the same from Sherwood.

I thought although we picked an attacking side we were trying to defend and catch them on the break.

Lambert was rightly criticised for many things and when Sherwood's had two years, built his squad and taken us to historic lows then he should get the same treatment.

If you pick an attacking side, attack.

Lambert was rightly criticised for many things and Sherwood is being rightly criticised for today.  I have no problem with his approach or with him getting criticism.  I just hope he sets the team out differently against Spurs and Man City away.  We'll be getting 0 points from them if he doesn't.

• Like 1

People who criticise sherwood aren't saying they want him out. He's not immune to criticism.

Setting us up not to attack for 80 mins is criminal. Good last 10 though.

And I liked his subs funnily enough.

• Like 1

Baker and then Cole??? Strange to make a defensive sub then a attacking sub. Goal was goal keeping error

It wasn't really a defensive sub though. Baker went LB, Lowton to RB and Bacuna replaced Zog's position.

We didn't have any width when their FB's are probably their weakest area. Carrick had all the time in the world because we didn't press past the half way line. Really disappointing. And I'm stuck in Manchester. Screw life.

The only thing I found disappointing is the fact he said a few times we have nothing to fear going to OT and should play without fear

Then plays a defensive lambert/McLeish team

What was unforgivable and more than likely a major contributor to their first goal, was leaving Hutton on the pitch when he clearly was struggling. They got far to much joy down the left in the first half.

let's see how how he does against a QPR side with their tails up. A win is absolutely essential however it's gained, let's see of the cult of the personality has any use in that match. So far two wins against west brom ( the same west brom battered by shitty qpr) and a goddawful sunderland side who promptly parted with their manager are limited evidence of capability. 

it's close at the bottom tim, you may not have noticed, but playing players who are actually capable of creating and scoring goals might be a good idea.

Â