The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I'm interested to see what Sherwood's transfer targets will be in the summer. Having never purchased a player before I wonder what he goes for? He does seem to promote youth heavily so maybe some of the 'young and hungry' players from the lower leagues? It'll be like the cycle starting again! :)

I can imagine him being overly ambitious with his transfer targets.

Not sure if that will be a good thing or not.

Edited by Stevo985

Except he wrote off most of the debt, didn't he? 

I doubt it would have been most, and when you factor in the cost price to buy aston villa vs the proposed "for sale" price he'll be making sure he's not left too out of pocket...

I really despise the way this man has gone about everything from start to finish, of course the early spend at the time I wasn't grumbling about but in hindsight that has been costly for aston villa.  This man has paid to delist the club, now accountable to absolutely no-body and after an influx of cash has dripped the club dry over the following years.  To me it has all the earmark of only ever seeing the club as a financial venture, that backfired and now we've had to pay.  For all his sins, the guy could leave the club having sold it for more than twice the price of what he paid for it if we manage to stay up.

I'm no fan of Lerner at all, but you really are talking rubbish.  You have to factor in the price of what he paid for the club and all the money he has spent since.  Even if he did get double what he paid it for it, he'd still be massively out of pocket.

He paid £60odd million, we don't know what the asking price is but some £200million was touted.  Tot up all the money he's loaned, and you say he's written off half of the loans...waht about the other half, won't be surprised to see some of them + interest being repaid somewhere along the line.

I doubt it would have been most, and when you factor in the cost price to buy aston villa vs the proposed "for sale" price he'll be making sure he's not left too out of pocket...

I really despise the way this man has gone about everything from start to finish, of course the early spend at the time I wasn't grumbling about but in hindsight that has been costly for aston villa.  This man has paid to delist the club, now accountable to absolutely no-body and after an influx of cash has dripped the club dry over the following years.  To me it has all the earmark of only ever seeing the club as a financial venture, that backfired and now we've had to pay.  For all his sins, the guy could leave the club having sold it for more than twice the price of what he paid for it if we manage to stay up.

I'm no fan of Lerner at all, but you really are talking rubbish.  You have to factor in the price of what he paid for the club and all the money he has spent since.  Even if he did get double what he paid it for it, he'd still be massively out of pocket.

Lerner had good intentions but got bored. 

TS has certainly made an impact - and 2nd half v WBA we actually looked like a football team - no moan about injuries - just prepare what you have - and insist on 110% effort... 

I'm interested to see what Sherwood's transfer targets will be in the summer. Having never purchased a player before I wonder what he goes for? He does seem to promote youth heavily so maybe some of the 'young and hungry' players from the lower leagues? It'll be like the cycle starting again! :)

I can imagine him being so very ambitious with his transfer targets.

Emmanuel Adebayor?

Emmanuel Adebayor?

He did make a comment the other day about how much he likes Townsend. He's young which would fit in with him favouring young players. Maybe £10 mill?

Emmanuel Adebayor?
He did make a comment the other day about how much he likes Townsend. He's young which would fit in with him favouring young players. Maybe £10 mill?
We'd be buying from spurs. And he's the best English player of all time ever so he'd probably cost £100 billion
  • Like 2

Emmanuel Adebayor?
We'd be buying from spurs. And he's the best English player of all time ever so he'd probably cost £100 billion
Townsend and Kane in exchange for a one-way ticket to mars.

He paid £60odd million, we don't know what the asking price is but some £200million was touted.  Tot up all the money he's loaned, and you say he's written off half of the loans...waht about the other half, won't be surprised to see some of them + interest being repaid somewhere along the line.

Yeh, what a scroogey git only writing off 90m to the club 

He's clearly scum.

You tit.

*edit*

Mods, just give me the warning points. Save the time on the PM, I know they're coming :lol:

Edited by P3te
  • Like 1

He's clearly scum.

You tit.

90m recouped in the sale price, but I won't result to name calling..

I really despise the way this man has gone about everything from start to finish, of course the early spend at the time I wasn't grumbling about but in hindsight that has been costly for aston villa. This man has paid to delist the club, now accountable to absolutely no-body and after an influx of cash has dripped the club dry over the following years. To me it has all the earmark of only ever seeing the club as a financial venture, that backfired and now we've had to pay. For all his sins, the guy could leave the club having sold it for more than twice the price of what he paid for it if we manage to stay up.

I'm no fan of Lerner at all, but you really are talking rubbish. You have to factor in the price of what he paid for the club and all the money he has spent since. Even if he did get double what he paid it for it, he'd still be massively out of pocket.

He paid £60odd million, we don't know what the asking price is but some £200million was touted. Tot up all the money he's loaned, and you say he's written off half of the loans...waht about the other half, won't be surprised to see some of them + interest being repaid somewhere along the line.

He's clearly scum.

You tit.

Show your workings please
  • Like 1

I've said it before but its baffling that some fans still think Lerner is making money from Villa.

He's a crap owner, but one thing you can't say is that he's taking money out of the club.

He (or the trust) has lost millions.

I agree, and I've not once said he is going to be making money...but I'm sure he had a dream of such at one point.  Villa faded with that dream...

I merely do no believe that he will be out of pocket as some much as you might think, when a club has debt and it comes to reselling it is not a good prospect.  Writing them down suddenly makes the books look a lot nicer to potential buyers, with the aim to try and negotiate some of what you "wrote down" as part of the increased sale price.  As far as I know the latest books aren't even released yet, we may even see debt repayments surface if they haven't already?

If we manage to stay up, with all the new sky money etc...we'll probably be a decent buy for someone who wants to get into the premier league.  And Mr Lerner won't leave too broken...

I really despise the way this man has gone about everything from start to finish, of course the early spend at the time I wasn't grumbling about but in hindsight that has been costly for aston villa. This man has paid to delist the club, now accountable to absolutely no-body and after an influx of cash has dripped the club dry over the following years. To me it has all the earmark of only ever seeing the club as a financial venture, that backfired and now we've had to pay. For all his sins, the guy could leave the club having sold it for more than twice the price of what he paid for it if we manage to stay up.

I'm no fan of Lerner at all, but you really are talking rubbish. You have to factor in the price of what he paid for the club and all the money he has spent since. Even if he did get double what he paid it for it, he'd still be massively out of pocket.

He paid £60odd million, we don't know what the asking price is but some £200million was touted. Tot up all the money he's loaned, and you say he's written off half of the loans...waht about the other half, won't be surprised to see some of them + interest being repaid somewhere along the line.

He's clearly scum.

You tit.

Show your workings please

I meant to include the caveat "potential sale price".  And I've written in my posts already that we don't know the for sale price, but it was touted somewhere £200m and bought for £60m or so.

This price was touted before the latest sky deal, and a lot is going to factor on staying up now...but we haven't sold as yet so we can only presume the higher end of the touted prices has been a stumbling block so far.  Either way, not a bad plan to be exiting with a comfortable return for a billionaire.

:lol: Yeah, I can imagine that!

"I fancy this Pogba lad."

I'm actually terrified he'll go for some bollocks from Spurs like Mason and Adebayor.

I wouldn't mind Townsend, before his wrist injury last season, he was incredible for Spurs. He improves the more he plays. Levy would take us to the cleaners though.

I love reading about Lerner and all the clubs finances in the Tim Sherwood thread.

Apologies, I see that yes this thread has been littered pretty badly.

Back to Tim, keep up the good work!

:lol: Yeah, I can imagine that!

"I fancy this Pogba lad."

I'm actually terrified he'll go for some bollocks from Spurs like Mason and Adebayor.

I wouldn't mind Townsend, before his wrist injury last season, he was incredible for Spurs. He improves the more he plays. Levy would take us to the cleaners though.

Eh?

Â