The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I made a really excellent point on the last page, even if people are going overboard with their positivity for Sherwood I think it's a good thing because it migh be just what we need to help us over the line.

It is a great point buddy. A win next weekend will drive it home. 

• Like 1

That's fair. But I think there are better ways to express that than to call those people fickle. The smilie does not make it OK!

Agreed.  I hate the whole idea of smilies!  (And people who use the crying smiley in RIP threads; where are their heads at?!).

Good point :)

I think he's probably principally taking issue with phrases like "the real deal," after a single cup game against the team currently bottom of the Premier League, and four points adrift.  It's a promising beginning, but how can he be "the real deal" after a single team talk and forty-five minutes of play?  I want him to eventually become that, but talk about jumping the gun.

That's fair. But I think there are better ways to express that than to call those people fickle. The smilie does not make it OK!

The fickle thing was a joke but it's funny how some folk get defensive when that word gets metioned...

It's a results business: Win, and us messageboard managers find works of genius in every decision made. Lose, and the same people write about how you arrive at training in a candystripe bow tie and actual clown shoes.

Annoying, but if that's the price to pay for watching Aston Villa score goals and win games then give us MOOOAAAARE.

• Like 2

I think he's probably principally taking issue with phrases like "the real deal," after a single cup game against the team currently bottom of the Premier League, and four points adrift. It's a promising beginning, but how can he be "the real deal" after a single team talk and forty-five minutes of play? I want him to eventually become that, but talk about jumping the gun.

The fickle thing was a joke but it's funny how some folk get defensive when that word gets metioned...

Yes funny you made a comment with the intention of getting a reaction and you got one. Well done you.

If Sherwood keeps this up, he'll be in contention for the England job.

Thus completing the quickest change of opinion in the history of VT
Don't worry, there'll be another one along soon, when we lose a game or two.

Just to set it straight, I haven't changed my mind and my saying he will be in contention for the England job wasn't meant as praise. It was more a comment on how easy it is to be linked with that job if your an English manager. I think Sherwood as a few other factors on his side too.

Im trying to write a comment to reply to this but I cant without getting frustrated and getting some warning points

Well that implies that you want to say something quite nasty. I haven't got a clue what there is to get worked up about from what I've written though.

All I've done is dispute the idea that I've changed my mind and said that It's quite easy to be linked with the England Manager's job.

If you have some strong words to say just say them against the post and not the poster and you should be okay I reckon. Or just send me a PM but I'm not getting into an argument lol.

I just get very frustrated with your post useless, I dont want to post on poster this is a forum after all and you are entitled to your opinion.

Your original post made no mention of the fact that you were mentioning him in the England frame not as a compliment or as way of saying its easy to get linked to the job, you have confused others by even mentioning it.

I really can't think of anything to say that I haven't already said.

Even if I had meant my original post as it's been seemingly interpreted would that have mattered?

I guess my opinion on Sherwood is just lets wait and see. I still have the same reservations I mentioned in the new Manager thread but am trying to feel positive about it.

Are you for real? You spent nearly every minute of the last few days bad mouthing Sherwood and talking about what a bad appointment he would be. Now after one game you are feeling positive! Boy your life must be one hell of a rollercoster of emotions!! Edited by Vive_La_Villa

So? Let him enjoy himself for **** sake!

Is that to me? No way man, I spend that whole time debating with him, gotta have a few digs ;)

Fair enough, as long as it's all light heated eh. We've got a bloody cup to win after all!

Of course mate it's all in jest. I was really keen on Sherwood and am very happy with his appointment. But no way am I getting carried away after one half against bottom of table Leicester. That's why I find complete polar reactions hilarious.

I'm happy with his appointment but I'll reserve judgment on him as manager until I've seen a few games with him in charge.

i wouldnt object to shearer as his number 2 to be honest. they seem like close friends

I'd rather go for Chris Sutton, if we're going down the route of Sherwood ex-team mates.  I know he didn't much set the world alight as Lincoln's manager, but as a right-hand man I can see his personality complimenting and contrasting with Sherwood's to better effect than Shearer's would; plus he's got a Villa connection.  What's he up to, these days?

As a Villa fan, and Lincoln being my other team... Chris Sutton should be NOWHERE NEAR our coaching staff. Guy is a complete tool, and one hell of a bore.

Just to set it straight, I haven't changed my mind and my saying he will be in contention for the England job wasn't meant as praise. It was more a comment on how easy it is to be linked with that job if your an English manager. I think Sherwood as a few other factors on his side too.
Im trying to write a comment to reply to this but I cant without getting frustrated and getting some warning points
Well that implies that you want to say something quite nasty. I haven't got a clue what there is to get worked up about from what I've written though.

All I've done is dispute the idea that I've changed my mind and said that It's quite easy to be linked with the England Manager's job.

If you have some strong words to say just say them against the post and not the poster and you should be okay I reckon. Or just send me a PM but I'm not getting into an argument lol.

I just get very frustrated with your post useless, I dont want to post on poster this is a forum after all and you are entitled to your opinion.

Your original post made no mention of the fact that you were mentioning him in the England frame not as a compliment or as way of saying its easy to get linked to the job, you have confused others by even mentioning it.

Even if I had meant my original post as it's been seemingly interpreted would that have mattered?

I guess my opinion on Sherwood is just lets wait and see. I still have the same reservations I mentioned in the new Manager thread but am trying to feel positive about it.

Are you for real? You spent nearly every minute of the last few days bad mouthing Sherwood and talking about what a bad appointment he would be. Now after one game you are feeling positive! Boy your life must be one hell of a rollercoster of emotions!!

First of all I think 'badmouthing' is the wrong word, I was one of the posters constantly saying that I didn't think he was a 'prick' like a few others were making out and I also said he seemed like an alright guy. So I wasn't knocking him as a person as 'badmouthing' might imply. As I've already said I had my reservations and still do, but it's just a case of wait and see.  Next, I didn't say I was feeling positive I said I was trying to feel positive.

Are you for real? You spent nearly every minute of the last few days bad mouthing Sherwood and talking about what a bad appointment he would be. Now after one game you are feeling positive! Boy your life must be one hell of a rollercoster of emotions!!

First of all I think 'badmouthing' is the wrong word, I was one of the posters constantly saying that I didn't think he was a 'prick' like a few others were making out and I also said he seemed like an alright guy. So I wasn't knocking him as a person as 'badmouthing' might imply. As I've already said I had my reservations and still do, but it's just a case of wait and see. Next, I didn't say I was feeling positive I said I was trying to feel positive.

Get Outa here!!!

Yes, Leicester are shit but they completely outplayed us a few weeks ago. I can't believe the fear we've been playing with until the second half today. MOTD highlighting how many players got forward at times.

As a Villa fan, and Lincoln being my other team... Chris Sutton should be NOWHERE NEAR our coaching staff. Guy is a complete tool, and one hell of a bore.

Fair enough.  I was just suggesting him in preference to Shearer, mainly.  That said, he might make a better fist of being someone's number two than a manger (I always got the impression he was quite sharp and thoughtful for a footballer; ruthless in a good way, and with a slight air of menace - some Celtic fans still refer to him as 'The Evil Genius').  The other thing is that with Sherwood as boss and Sutton as right-hand man, you've have a duo with a practical, working knowledge of the three principle outfield playing areas, at the top level - Sherwood being a very handy midfielder, and Sutton being a striker who started out at Norwich as a defender, and who could still effectively fill-in at the back if required to in an emergency, later on in his career. 

I think he's probably principally taking issue with phrases like "the real deal," after a single cup game against the team currently bottom of the Premier League, and four points adrift. It's a promising beginning, but how can he be "the real deal" after a single team talk and forty-five minutes of play? I want him to eventually become that, but talk about jumping the gun.

Yes funny you made a comment with the intention of getting a reaction and you got one. Well done you.

Do I win a prize?   

While it is far too early to judge, of course, that second half was refreshing. I couldn't help finding Sherwood's genuine, positive enthusiasm rather encouraging, too. Tim wasn't my first choice at all but I'm happy to jump onboard the positivity train and have faith he'll guide us comfortably to safety.

Â