The Tim Sherwood Thread

OutByEaster?

I think his reputation has been enhanced by Sky Sports News and Twitter existing. This 59% going round and round and round. Just a thought.

Said before he came he'd probably keep us up, bit of a throwaway as I thought we'd go for someone else. Fingers crossed!

I'm with you Tim, you big boob!

I'm massively worried, the argument against TS seems to be as long as your arm and backed up with facts and first hand accounts from his time at tottenham. The argument for TS seems to be steeped in hope and desperation with little to back it up. God I hope he does well regardless. 

Blimey, you can read so much nonsense on Villa talk,

In the last 24 hours I've read that Harwood is a better player than Ronaldo,

Van Gaal is not a good coach because he has been around too long and not modern anymore.

One thing is 100% certain.

Our squad is very, very poor and we are going down. The defence is poor and the attack is a joke. Don't get me started on the midfield. Which can't defend, score goals or create.

When we go down it won't be Sherwood's fault.

I expect us to go down and I also expect us to be the butt of a lot of people's jokes due to Sherwoods personality. I know we shouldn't care what other fans think but it will get tiresome very quickly.

What do you think we are already? The sun goals pullout have front pages mocking us. Commentators on games not involving us still mock and joke about us.

We're a laughing stock. Sherwood can't make that worse.

Yes.

By the way I work in London and around uk and I've had texts from people actually saying they think sherwood will do a good job for us. Newcastle arsenal Chelsea Liverpool fans and they are not mocking . Just like we say don't judge a player until he wears the shirt and kicks a ball - why not wait until the first game and see the result before you judge. Then again this is VT wouldn't expect less. I wasn't overwhelmed but I will support and back as always and I will enjoy the ride.

Just thought was this the plan Delph Gill and Sinclair bought into. Did they have an inkling this was on the cards? Just guessing.

Blimey, you can read so much nonsense on Villa talk,

In the last 24 hours I've read that Harwood is a better player than Ronaldo,

Van Gaal is not a good coach because he has been around too long and not modern anymore.

One thing is 100% certain.

Our squad is very, very poor and we are going down. The defence is poor and the attack is a joke. Don't get me started on the midfield. Which can't defend, score goals or create.

When we go down it won't be Sherwood's fault.

Have to disagree with your squad thoughts.

Our squad is like a decent disassembled kit car, we just need someone to build it in the best formation and balance to get that robust performance!

I expect us to go down and I also expect us to be the butt of a lot of people's jokes due to Sherwoods personality. I know we shouldn't care what other fans think but it will get tiresome very quickly.

What do you think we are already? The sun goals pullout have front pages mocking us. Commentators on games not involving us still mock and joke about us.

We're a laughing stock. Sherwood can't make that worse.

Yup, just check out this thread on us on a Manchester United board. We're like the Stoke of yesteryear, only without the schtick. 

So how good is Sherwood in the transfer market? That's a pretty important aspect for a Villa boss at the moment, with the budgeting going on.

Is the scouting network that recommended Benteke and Gil to Lambert part of the club, or is it Lambert's network. I am never too sure how that end of things works.

For me personally, TS was not an ideal choice. I felt we needed someone who had experience in managing through a relegation scrap. That said, of all the names touted and/or available, none of them sat particularly comfortably with me.

I too am a little more positive this morning, having slept on it. I like TS attitude in his interviews and think he will certainly get a lot more out of the players than PL was getting.

He seems like a man who expects and also gives no less than 100% at all times. I'm prepared to give him no less than 100% support in exchange.

I do wonder whether this deal has been waiting to happen for some weeks though? He has reportedly been seen at several of our recent games, the deal was done in very quick time from PL going and TS hass ruled himself out of other recent vacancies.

I really hope your right.

I'm not so sure

Gabby max 3 goals a season

Weimann max 6 goals

Benteke - on recent form 7 goals

Midfield 5 goals between them

Defence- 2

We're going down, if we do stay up. I will be amazed.

Lol where do you get them figures?

So how good is Sherwood in the transfer market? That's a pretty important aspect for a Villa boss at the moment, with the budgeting going on.

Is the scouting network that recommended Benteke and Gil to Lambert part of the club, or is it Lambert's network. I am never too sure how that end of things works.

I believe Benteke and Gil where presented through the fruits of Paddy Reilly's labour. Funny that coutinho was a hair away from joining us and then he went to Liverpool. Not sure the exact timeline of Paddys 2 spells here but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he's the reason that coutinho went to Liverpool instead of us.

But yes, I think (might be wrong!) that Paddy Reilly is the man responsible for the scouting network and has been credited with pushing the club to sign Benteke.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure

Weimann max 6 goals

Defence- 2

Just my prediction based on the talent I think we have.

I believe Benteke and Gil where presented through the fruits of Paddy Reilly's labour. Funny that coutinho was a hair away from joining us and then he went to Liverpool. Not sure the exact timeline of Paddys 2 spells here but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out he's the reason that coutinho went to Liverpool instead of us.

But yes, I think (might be wrong!) that Paddy Reilly is the man responsible for the scouting network and has been credited with pushing the club to sign Benteke.

I think we're set up so that the player signing is not just down to the manager. Which IMO is the right way to go now. If Sherwood is happy with that then we should still see the likes of okore, Sanchez and gill coming in.

• Like 1

Just read that think and there was a poster on there who said lambert should have walked as villa deserve better. So butt of jokes but also a few think we dserve better. So we are a joke at the moment -,so effing what? Haven't we always been? Aston Vanilla any one can lick them! Blah de blah de blah. I'm not that sensitive! I know a lot if times it's jealousy especially from those not the sky six.

You know what ? I'll enjoy making them eat their words if Tim gets us going and scoring !

B******ks to them. We are Aston Villa. We'll be back no matter what happens.

Just read that think and there was a poster on there who said lambert should have walked as villa deserve better. So butt of jokes but also a few think we dserve better. So we are a joke at the moment -,so effing what? Haven't we always been? Aston Vanilla any one can lick them! Blah de blah de blah. I'm not that sensitive! I know a lot if times it's jealousy especially from those not the sky six.

You know what ? I'll enjoy making them eat their words if Tim gets us going and scoring !

B******ks to them. We are Aston Villa. We'll be back no matter what happens.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure

Weimann max 6 goals

Defence- 2

Just my prediction based on the talent I think we have.

I wouldn't disagree with those predictions if Lambert was still here, but we managed 39 last year and we haven't lost any influential players but added to the squad. So we are more than capable with the right direction of scoring more than 23 goals in a season.

No matter how we feel about the guy, he deserves a chance, and most on here are prepared to give him that chance. Lambert frankly was boring me witless, but Sherwood will certainly, in my opinion, make things happen. We badly need a boost at this stage to kickstart our drive to stave off relegation. Looking at the fixtures, there really are winnable games, and it is still very tight down at the bottom, so a bit of a good run could be enough.

• Like 2

For the people reading other fan forums just to see what they thought/think of TS, you have far too much time on your hands

I couldnt care less what other fans think, hes our new manager whether we all like it or not so lets get behind him and stop talking about past interviews etc

• Like 1

No matter how we feel about the guy, he deserves a chance, and most on here are prepared to give him that chance. Lambert frankly was boring me witless, but Sherwood will certainly, in my opinion, make things happen. We badly need a boost at this stage to kickstart our drive to stave off relegation. Looking at the fixtures, there really are winnable games, and it is still very tight down at the bottom, so a bit of a good run could be enough.

This.

Â