New manager

reykjavik

Prandelli be a brilliant appointment if club went for him, he did wonders at Fiorentina and Parma

Plus he seems like a brilliant man as well

Yep, would love Prandelli. Given that he was featured on the OS last year you'd think the club would at least consider him.

Indeed the tv deal is 16 months away however i think staying in this division this season will be easier than getting out of the championship next season

Yeah, but we could go down next season.

Edited by Mantis

I must admit, I am surprised at General Krulak's comments. He is supposed to be Lerner's right-hand man. Lerner gives a statement thanking Lambert and wishing him all the best, Krulak slaughters him. Now, is it a case of the General saying to his best buddy "Don't worry Randy mate, I'll give them the truth so you can remain your usual, dignified self" or was it a case of Krulak thinking "F*** this! It's about time someone spoke the truth here"?

To stay on topic, I wonder who Krulak's choice would be for successor?

Did he speak the truth though? 

I feel Lambert had a lot more money than people seem to acknowledge, but they way he spent that money was controlled/limited. I.e. he probably didn't have the wages to back up the more expensive bigger name signings so instead went for volume (loads of gambles) on low wages, which mostly didn't work out.

Anyway i actually met Sherwood recently at a company event, he seemed a nice bloke. I also spoke to some guys there who were press and bloggers and they seemed to like the guy. One bloke who was an Arsenal fan met him last year and intended on winding him up and pretended to be a spurs fan, but ended up having his photo taken with him and dropping the mocking because he found him a good guy.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how good Prandelli's English is, if we are expecting a quick upturn in form it may be a bit of a barrier. Apparently he had a crash course in the language at Oxford a couple of years ago similar to Ancelotti so it may be ok. I think he'd be great, I was always impressed with him as Italy coach and if he loves the Villa, all the better.

Klinsmann not interested in swapping US for Aston Villa

United States coach Jurgen Klinsmann is not interested in the Aston Villa job, sources have told ESPN.

Villa are searching for a new manager after Paul Lambert was dismissed in the wake of the weekend's 2-0 defeat to Hull City, which saw the club drop into the bottom three of the Premier League.

Along with former Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood, Klinsmann had been touted as a leading contender for the position, with Villa owner Randy Lerner said to have been impressed with the German's work in charge of the US side.

However, ESPN has been told Klinsmann, who spent part of his playing career in England with Spurs, is settled in America and is happy to continue his work with the national side as he looks to guide them to the 2018 World Cup.

The former Bayern Munich coach is also said to have reservations about taking charge of a struggling side at the back-end of the season, while there is continuing uncertainty over the long-term ownership of the club, with Lerner having put the club up for sale last year.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/401501.html#w1WZiHEVhvF6ofcv.99

The former Bayern Munich coach is also said to have reservations about taking charge of a struggling side at the back-end of the season, while there is continuing uncertainty over the long-term ownership of the club, with Lerner having put the club up for sale last year.

This would be a problem for any manager they approach I'd imagine.

• Like 2

I'm not sure how good Prandelli's English is, if we are expecting a quick upturn in form it may be a bit of a barrier. Apparently he had a crash course in the language at Oxford a couple of years ago similar to Ancelotti so it may be ok. I think he'd be great, I was always impressed with him as Italy coach and if he loves the Villa, all the better.

Simone farina could act as his interpreter

Prandelli be a brilliant appointment if club went for him, he did wonders at Fiorentina and Parma

Plus he seems like a brilliant man as well

Would be quite the coup for us.

He would be a superb appointment.

Too good to be true though I would think

• Like 2

Prandelli would be amazing in every way but primarily because I would be amazed if it happened. We do this every time now and end up disappointed, so to counter that I'll hope we get John Gorman out of retirement (Although if we end up with Sherwood or Lennon instead of Gorman I'll still be disappointed).

wGIZ99U.jpg

Edited by flamingsombrero

Simone farina could act as his interpreter

or Senderos(though he could do it for a manager with nearly any language :)

• Like 1

Ranieri's odds have come in massively over the last 12 hours or so.

People pay so much attention to odds everytime there's a manager search :D

Yep. Next manager markets are notoriously volatile and small. £500 in bets on the same bloke is enough to see the odds tumbling.

Its amazing how many people fundamentally misunderstand bookies. They odds offered are not the same as the probability of an event occuring. They are business decisions made to reflect the amount of money people have staked in the event something will happen.

Edited by Eames
  • Like 1

Ranieri's odds have come in massively over the last 12 hours or so.

People pay so much attention to odds everytime there's a manager search :D

I don't think it means much, but I thought it was interesting at least because he was on about 60/1 last night and now he's at 26/1.

And yes, I'm aware of how betting markets on managers work.

Edited by Mantis