New manager

reykjavik

My offer to phone in tactics and team talks still stands.

Happy to work on an hourly rate.

I can't start for a couple of weeks, but I'm cheap, I can provide photographic evidence of myself in a Villa shirt 30 or so years ago.

Most importantly, I can make a dead cat bounce.

That's quite an impressive CV right there, sir. But, can you polish many turds?

• Like 1

Here's my 2 cents

Tom Fox should take a close look how the players react on Sunday. This should confirm or not that PL lost the players.

Lets hope & pray that the Marshalls get us through either by luck or Leicester just being more shite than we are.

Hope & pray too that Pulis pull off knocking Wet Spam out.

Tom Fox should have a serious word with Sam Allardyce to sound him out.

Sam's thoughts maybe along the lines of:

1 - WH out of FAC

2 - AV still in

3 - Andy Carrol - Big fee - always injured - fans & board dont like my style

4 - Benteke - long  balls to him make him score - become a hero

5 - Gold & Sullivan never liked my style - where's my new contract?

6 - Possible FAC run - Possible stay up - Lerner/Fox think I'm God - Fans so happy at the relief

Tom Fox should be thinking:

1 - need someone big with balls, No nonsense and clear definate playing/results concept

2 - Bonus for staying up

3 - Bonus for FAC

4 - Sam would get us back up (proved it with WH) if it is too late

5 - Fans would rally behind a boss with balls

No brainer really

BUT

ANYBODY can do better than Lambert. Marshall & Marshall through to Sherwood, Laudrup, Lennon, Little, Gregory EVEN GABY (that was a joke :P ).

Lambert was REALLY as bad as the results and records show

• Like 1

Not sure how I feel about Allardyce.... and would serious question his sanity if he chucks in what is a good gig in East London for Villa. He's just got the fans on side, got the team playing effective attacking football with quality players, and has a stadium move to look forward to in the next 12 months.

I'm not sure beyond an enormous sack full of cash (we know Randy likes paying managers)  what we can offer?

I must admit, I am surprised at General Krulak's comments. He is supposed to be Lerner's right-hand man. Lerner gives a statement thanking Lambert and wishing him all the best, Krulak slaughters him. Now, is it a case of the General saying to his best buddy "Don't worry Randy mate, I'll give them the truth so you can remain your usual, dignified self" or was it a case of Krulak thinking "F*** this! It's about time someone spoke the truth here"?

To stay on topic, I wonder who Krulak's choice would be for successor?

Edited by villarocker

I must admit, I am surprised at General Krulak's comments. He is supposed to be Lerner's right-hand man. Lerner gives a statement thanking Lambert and wishing him all the best, Krulak slaughters him. Now, is it a case of the General saying to his best buddy "Don't worry Randy mate, I'll give them the truth so you can remain your usual, dignified self" or was it a case of Krulak thinking "F*** this! It's about time someone spoke the truth here"?

Did he speak the truth though? 

• Like 1

Did he speak the truth though? 

Who knows?

I would quite like it to be someone a bit left field.

At least it would show the board have some sort of long term plan for the football side.

I'm not against getting someone in till the end of the year, but making a decision focused on the short term that affects us long term(ie a Sherwood on a 2 and a half year) would be a poor move for me.

If there isn't the right manager available now I'd probably look to bring Gary McAllister back till the end of the year(if he'd come).

Sherwood's been odds on for the job since Wednesday night - even when Lambert was still here I recall him being the favourite with the bookies that were offering odds on the next Villa manager. He appears to be the most obvious manager based on the fact that he's been one of the favourites for every Premier League job that's been available this season but other than that there doesn't seem to be anything concrete. It's quite telling as well that even 4th favourites with a lot of bookies are out in the 20s.

Really wouldn't surprise me if we got someone left-field. Lambert may have been one of the obvious ones last time but McLeish and Houllier certainly weren't.

• Like 1

Not sure how I feel about Allardyce.... and would serious question his sanity if he chucks in what is a good gig in East London for Villa. He's just got the fans on side, got the team playing effective attacking football with quality players, and has a stadium move to look forward to in the next 12 months.

I'm not sure beyond an enormous sack full of cash (we know Randy likes paying managers)  what we can offer?

His contract is up in the summer with no sign of a new one, if we can offer him a job that extends beyond then, I think he'd at least consider it for stability's sake.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere but surely it would be a huge indicator as to what might/might not be happening this summer.

Manager until the end of season = possible sale in place.

Manager on longer contract= Randys sticking around.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere but surely it would be a huge indicator as to what might/might not be happening this summer.

Manager until the end of season = possible sale in place.

Manager on longer contract= Randys sticking around.

Hardly anyone is going to sign a 4 month contract.

The 60-year-old says he wants to continue with the Black Stars despite being approached by English royalty to succeed the sacked Paul Lambert at Villa Park

Avram Grant claims Prince William has asked him to become the new manager of Aston Villa - but insists he has no intention of leaving his current job as Ghana coach.

The former Chelsea, Portsmouth and West Ham manager has been linked with a return to the Premier League after leading the Black Stars to the final of the Africa Cup of Nations, eventually losing to Ivory Coast on penalties.

But while Grant reveals he has been approached by royalty to succeed the sacked Paul Lambert at Villa Park, he is adamant he will see out his contract with the African giants.

“Aston Villa is a great club, with great fans and it is an honour to have my name mentioned with them, but I want to continue with Ghana for the next two years, until the end of my contract. I enjoy managing Ghana very much,” the 60-year-old told Sky Sports.

“I met Prince William and he asked me ‘why don’t you come to Aston Villa?’. I said ‘when you become the chairman, I will come’. As long as my name is mentioned, I feel good with this, but not more than that. I want to continue with Ghana.

“[Afcon] was a great experience. Great people, very passionate about football. High quality players, many of whom are playing here in the Premier League. I enjoyed it very much.

“Ghana have not won the cup since 1982 and no one expected us to reach the final, because it is a completely new team.

“Half of the squad were different to the squad who went to the World Cup just half a year ago. We changed it from players who were stars of the team to players who I think will be stars of the team.

“In the final, we were the better side and lost after 11 penalties each. We are happy and the Ghanaian people are very happy.

“I have just come from three days of celebrations and it was like we took the World Cup. But we did lose by the last penalty so I cannot be completely happy.”

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2015/02/13/8884402/prince-william-asked-me-to-manage-aston-villa-avram-grant?ICID=HP_BN_2

Oh dear, looks like Avram is out and we've employed a Royal to sound out new managers.  ;)

Edited by sexbelowsound