New manager

reykjavik

I've more or less been a supporter of Klinsmann with the USA National Team, but I think he'd be a terrible fit at Villa.  He changes personnel and tactics way too frequently, and seems to care more about player fitness than developing a system for them to play in.  He's also had some problems keeping his locker room together (probably because he loves to stir the pot, and get players out of their comfort zone), although nothing recently.  I think he would be better suited for the job if he had the offseason to prepare, and the money to bring in some players.  Just don't think he's a good fit for the situation we're in right now.

Let's be real guys… the list of potentials is poor.

Nevertheless Id take Hoddle.

Another one who's myth has grown the longer he's been out of the game.

He did alright with England but last 16 was poorer than Sven's finals record and his start to euro 2000 qualifying was pretty poor so it wasn't just the disability comments.

He never really did anything at Spurs and he was a disaster at Wolves and that was all 10 years ago now so out of football too long aswell.

He was very good at Southampton before he got his dream job at Spurs. I get the impression he's a bit nuts though.

I've narrowed it down to Curbishley if it's a short-term fix or Garde if Randy and Fox are more adventurous

Yeah as a short term fix I'd be happy with Curbishley as I'd imagine he'd be Pulis like and grind enough points to keep us up, he did it year in year out at Charlton.

Same problem with him though, he's been out of football since 2008 and hasn't shown much desire to get back in bar Fulham last season where you'd think if he really wanted the managers job he'd have got it given how bad they were.

So Neil Lennon got sent bullets in the post from idiotic Rangers fans and he's the crazy man? Is he catholic himself? He certainly bought into the clubs mantra when he was there.

he is but the bullets were embarrassing but so were some of his own antics like while doesnt sound that bad to normal people but going out to a nightclub on Old Firm weekend was always going to incite trouble

People talking about Klopp are living in a parallel fantasy world. Dortmund are in the middle of a Champions League campaign...they are in a relegation "battle" themselves but it's not realistic to think they'll go down they've just had a very bad run of multiple injuries to top players.  Genuinely more chance of Fergie coming out of retirement for 13 games than Klopp coming here. 

I really hope we're not limiting ourselves to British managers. We need to take a risk on someone from abroad and hope we find the next Pochettino. I'm sick of boring British managers who just don't cut it and only get the job because they apparently know English football despite the fact they still have us playing utter dross week in week out.

I see that CIty and Man Utd are meant to be eyeing the Real Madrid Manager, we should be sorted by the time that particular merry go round starts though.

Whadafuq

Say United get Ancelotti that leaves Van Gaal needing a job, we might not get him ourselves but might get the guy who he replaces at some European club perhaps. That's what I meant by merry-go-round. Despite people making jokes about lack of Premier League experience I do have a feeling that we're going to pull a big name out the hat, my guess is Klinsmann. Either that or someone from leftfield.

Edited by useless

People talking about Klopp are living in a parallel fantasy world. Dortmund are in the middle of a Champions League campaign...they are in a relegation "battle" themselves but it's not realistic to think they'll go down they've just had a very bad run of multiple injuries to top players.  Genuinely more chance of Fergie coming out of retirement for 13 games than Klopp coming here. 

Yes there is no chance Klopp would move from Dortmund to Villa. A totally different world!

A question for those who keep suggesting we make a move for Klopp. Are you taking the piss or do you not understand the size of Borussia Dortmund as a club or how highly rated Klopp is in world football?

Its mad isn't it. Some of the names mentioned are unbelievable.

Lennon for example.

This is for you troon_villan, i can tell you want him as manager, just don't want to admit it :D

B9p0hOmIUAAJhEb.jpg

So Neil Lennon got sent bullets in the post from idiotic Rangers fans and he's the crazy man? Is he catholic himself? He certainly bought into the clubs mantra when he was there.

he is but the bullets were embarrassing but so were some of his own antics like while doesnt sound that bad to normal people but going out to a nightclub on Old Firm weekend was always going to incite trouble

As long as he keeps us up he could get his kn0b out and a commit an act of self-pleasure in front of the Holte and I wouldn't care. We need edgy. 

• Like 1

I bet Steve Bould is offered the job.

Yeah, if i was a betting man, thats who my money would be on

why he's only ever been an assistant.

A great coach though. He'd tighten the defence up and bring the youngsters on as well.

A question for those who keep suggesting we make a move for Klopp. Are you taking the piss or do you not understand the size of Borussia Dortmund as a club or how highly rated Klopp is in world football?

Its mad isn't it. Some of the names mentioned are unbelievable.

Lennon for example.

This is for you troon_villan, i can tell you want him as manager, just don't want to admit it :D

B9p0hOmIUAAJhEb.jpg

n36QrZA.gif

• Like 3