New manager

reykjavik

Lambert to Guardiola would be an organic progession. Ronaldo and messi would be more of a shock to the system but as you say would probably keep us in the division.

Oh completely organic yeah, as has been mentioned in order to complete the job, once Guardiola was interested in living in brum and getting involved in a relegation scrap, would be Simeone as his assistant. That way once Guardiola feels he's acheived all he can we have a ready made replacement on hand. We give Mourinho the u21s as has been suggested earlier, so you know the reserves will be getting top class coaching they require to make the final step up to the first team. We hire Cruyff as director of football and we get Pele in for the academy. 

Seeing as it's all natural and organic we shoudl be able to have all that in place by the summer I reckon, one step at a time organic growth. Then next season top 4, 2017 title, champions league before 2020, then we make the 20s our decade and push Man U and Liverpool on the all time trophies list.

Simples.

• Like 1

that was main difference though, at this moment we cant be a training course for a potential manager. If Sherwood had courage and learned his trade he might become a good manager but he seems to have an arrogance that he deserves a huge job

He is certainly up himself. The one positive I would say is that his arrogance could be beneficial for the squad in their current situation (for the short-term at least). Lambert slowly but surely sapped any confidence and belief from the squad.

Sherwood now 6/1 on with Coral.

Someone must have walked in to one of their shops and had a tenner at 1/3. :P

He's odds-on with pretty much all the bookmakers.

He's 1/6 on Coral, so I assume he meant that

:unsure:

With all as far as I can see.

However, he is now as short as 1/6 (at Coral) having been 1/2 (with them) earlier this afternoon.

I'm half expecting it to be him now with the odds and journalists like Percy affirming that he is a candidate. It's difficult to express any real excitement should it happen but it was so desperately bad under Lambert that I did say I'd even prefer Sherwood. So I shan't moan.

The bookies are often spot on when the odds go so short.

Not really, not when it comes to this kind of thing. They just don't want to see a flurry of money for Sherwood because to them he is the only obvious choice. Also as Snowy said, it wold only take a tenner or so to change the odds! Nobody outs big money on this kind of thing. 

If there was any insider info at all they would suspend the betting, or drop it even lower to the point where it is pointless. 

Trust me, they have no idea at this stage. 

• Like 1

:unsure:

With all as far as I can see.

However, he is now as short as 1/6 (at Coral) having been 1/2 (with them) earlier this afternoon.

I'm half expecting it to be him now with the odds and journalists like Percy affirming that he is a candidate. It's difficult to express any real excitement should it happen but it was so desperately bad under Lambert that I did say I'd even prefer Sherwood. So I shan't moan.

Percy has confirmed no such thing. 

The bookies are often spot on when the odds go so short.

No not at all Lambert was something like 6/1 at one point with us and look how that turned out

But what is worrying me is the odds on Lennon shortening. i really detest the man. In fact I hate him more than candleface. Please dont go for him Fox or I will be furious

From his article on the situation:

Fox is leading the process with director of recruitment Paddy Reilly, with Tim Sherwood, Glenn Hoddle and Sean Dyche in the frame.

Sure it's unrelated but Warburton says his chairman is making a statement tomorrow to clarify the speculation from earlier this week.

(for those not in the know, The Times ran an article earlier in the week saying Warburton was getting sacked but Brentford said they were just planning for a variety of scenarios).

I bet Steve Bould is offered the job.

Yeah, if i was a betting man, thats who my money would be on

But people are only guessing at Arsenal connections because of Richard's suggestion that this time we getting a letter from Wenger rather than Ferguson. As I say would Wenger really be writing a letter asking us to employ Bould when he's still at Arsenal.

I didn't read Richards post I was basing my opinion on the connection with Mr Fox.

From his article on the situation:

Fox is leading the process with director of recruitment Paddy Reilly, with Tim Sherwood, Glenn Hoddle and Sean Dyche in the frame.

It links to an article which names 12 candidates. They just picked some names for the link. No confirmation there, only standard journalistic practice.

I'm not saying categorically it won't be Sherwood, only that it makes absolutely no sense.  

• Like 1

Warburton is the Brentford manager FFS no thanks, Dyche currently manages one of the teams who have managed to be shitter than us this season, I really do not get the fuss over him at all. Hoddle is on the scrap heap and frankly doesn't deserve a big job in football again. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

I bet Steve Bould is offered the job.

Yeah, if i was a betting man, thats who my money would be on

But people are only guessing at Arsenal connections because of Richard's suggestion that this time we getting a letter from Wenger rather than Ferguson. As I say would Wenger really be writing a letter asking us to employ Bould when he's still at Arsenal.

I didn't read Richards post I was basing my opinion on the connection with Mr Fox.

I've thought that Fox might go for someone who he sees as perhaps another Wenger so Bould might be a good and obvious choice. But I wonder whether Arsenal would let him go? I think at one time him and Arsene were rumoured to not see eye to eye, so you never know.