New manager

reykjavik

With the internet and social media every manager will have detractors somewhere - I think it will be between

Sherwood

Hoddle

Curbishley

Southgate

Allardyce

Why on earth would Allardyce ever leave a rising, in-form, high-ranked, London-based Premier League club with a huge new stadium for Villa? Can't see it.

Cus he is from Dudlaaay! Chance to move back to the land of the faggot munchers.

As an American, I understand if you are probably very confused about I just said?! 

Bostin!!!

mmgk33Kl.jpg

Bet it tastes noice!

• Like 1

Are people still kidding themselves on here that Richard knows what going on at VP?

Richard might not be 'ITK' but he does seem to have an uncanny sixth sense for what's going to happen, only yesterday he was certain that Lambert was going to leave and that's what happened.

This presumably is the same Richard who was confidently telling us last week that Lambert that would be here 'until at least the end of the season'?

Last week he might well have been staying. The trigger has blatantly been pulled because of the new TV deal and the Hull defeat.

• Like 1

Steve Bould

Arsenal connection

Good with youth/academy - won the academy premier league

Been slowly learning under Wenger for the last 3 years, will probably be looking to take full control

Thats a very good shout......

Dunno how good he would be - but its feasible - fits in with the coach DOF role thing that has been rumoured...

The dutch league for is a poor league.

And if he'd gone there and won it with one of the big 3 then I'd agree with you, but he didn't. You don't rate him and that's fine, but he's not a flavour of the month to those who do rate him. That's all.
  • Like 2

I don't have any problems with big Sam, but I also don't see his particular set of skills as the ones needed to get Villa going, especially our horrible forwards situation. I wish we could get someone who is a good organizer like Sam apparently is but also more into athletic discipline and able to "parent" and inspire his squad -- like Pulis, actually.

Bryan Mills is the man then

• Like 1

And if he'd gone there and won it with one of the big 3 then I'd agree with you, but he didn't. You don't rate him and that's fine, but he's not a flavour of the month to those who do rate him. That's all.

Exactly. 

It's like taking over at St Johnstone and winning the league over Celtic and Rangers.

He's also manage din the top flight in Germany since he was last in the premier league.

I think Lee Hendrie might be on to something with his Simeone shout. Could work wonders. Unproven in the Prem though mind

not sure if serious

I would be interested to see if Mclaren does take the step up. i want him to go to somehwre like newcastle if he has success there then i may change my opinion on him. but i really do think he is average

If there was a list of the top 5 managers least likely to come here, Simeone would be on it.

Betting sites blocked at work....

anyone post the latests odds\movers...

Not much has happened. Sherwood still firm favourite for no particular reason, Hoddle is at 5/1. McLeish is at 67/1.

Edited by Mantis

I would be interested to see if Mclaren does take the step up. i want him to go to somehwre like newcastle if he has success there then i may change my opinion on him. but i really do think he is average

he won Middlesboro their only trophy in history and got them to UEFA Cup final and when he left they are only recovering now