New manager

reykjavik

I am going to stick my neck out and say we are in for Remi Garde.

Partly based on Richards "hint" but also because Garde's reported decision a few weeks ago to hold off the Newcastle job till the summer didn't make sense UNLESS, Tom Fox tipped him the wink that Lamberts position could become open.

Fox would have either known him or of him via Wenger when he was , at one point was discussed as a DOF at Arsenal.

Wenger is said to rate Garde very highly and he sounds very like a chip off the Wenger block, ambitious and very much his own man:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/rmi-who-garde-tipped-to-succeed-old-boss-arsne-wenger-8418346.html

A long shot maybe but it wouldn't surprise me given the Fox/Wenger link and Garde turning down the Newcastle job.

I don't think Lerner would want anyone without Premier League experience, which could also mean the end for the Klinsmann link too.

Its not lerners call .....TF is running the show

• Like 3

Comments from Lyon in 2012 (?) about Remi Garde:

"When Remi Garde took charge of Lyon this season, he was given a one-year contract, told he had no money to spend and inherited a squad low on morale following a tough season under the rigid leadership of former coach Claude Puel". (sounds reminescent !)

"Several months later, Garde has restored team spirit, has the team playing attractive, attacking football, and successfully blended in youth players while instilling a resilient streak that was lacking under Puel." (we desperately need "Team spirit" and an "attacking streak")

"So what’s different under Garde? "The spirit," Bosnian midfielder Miralem Pjanic frankly tells FOXSoccer.com after the game. "Simply, our game has changed. We play a lot more football, and we have a lot more freedom. The coach has put it in our heads that we can play." (we need a lot more football!)

Despite the club's wish for him to continue, Garde decided not to extend his contract at Lyon at the end of last season "for family reasons"

So according to Jonny Gould's latest blog post PL has said farewell to all the players after we lost to Spurs 3-0 end of last season.

What...?

Which ties in with what 'Admin' said on TBAR who also (I think) mentioned Klinsmann and Klopp as possible replacements and who also happen to be in work. The only thing that is missing is an Arsenal connection.

Stop bringing up TBAR - all that stuff was pretty much confirmed BS.

As someone high up there at the time I can tell you it was not made up bullshit - it was from a reputable source Edited by Eastie