What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

EBTG are the archetypical 'oooh them!' band for me. That kind of band where the name doesn't do anything but ring a bell, and then you hear one of their songs and you immediately remember who they were and that you quite liked them.

Invariably with EBTG the 'one song' that you hear is Missing. The remix. Which in fairness is a **** insanely good song. 

I stopped buying EBTG's albums when Missing was released, they were no longer for me. That period, particularly up to and including Idlewild was fantastic. Baby the stars shine bright, with Little Hitlers and Dont let the teardrops rust.... is a phenomenal album, under rated perhaps. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

I stopped buying EBTG's albums when Missing was released, they were no longer for me. That period, particularly up to and including Idlewild was fantastic. Baby the stars shine bright, with Little Hitlers and Dont let the teardrops rust.... is a phenomenal album, under rated perhaps. 

TT and BW carried on making good music all the way to today. It's just the band name really. TT's solo stuff has been decent to very good throughout (IMO).

2 minutes ago, blandy said:

TT and BW carried on making good music all the way to today. It's just the band name really. TT's solo stuff has been decent to very good throughout (IMO).

I agree, in all honesty I haven't heard Ben Watts solo material outside of a track or two as I blamed him for Missing, but Tracey has put out some gorgeous material.

37 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Gotta be this, my favourite by JB

Sorry, that is horrendous. Even before Rod opens his mouth, it pretty much has everything that was bad about 80s music production in mainstream music all there. Even the opening drum fill makes me want to cry

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Sorry, that is horrendous. Even before Rod opens his mouth, it pretty much has everything that was bad about 80s music production in mainstream music all there. Even the opening drum fill makes me want to cry

Good job we don't all like the same stuff, or this thread (and others) would be boring as ****!

(This one usually is anyway)

Edited by rjw63
keenan like typo
  • Like 2

Â