What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

The story goes that Tom met a woman in Copenhagen and fell madly in love with her. He wanted her to leave with him and for them to live happily ever after, but sadly, she rejected the offer. This song was the expression of his heartbreak. 

Edited by sheepyvillian
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

The story goes that Tom met a woman in Copenhagen and fell madly in love with her. He wanted her to leave with him and for them to live happily ever after, but sadly, she rejected his offer. This song was the expression of his heartbreak. 

I like a lot of Tom Waits's stuff, but that's not one of his better ones, IMO.

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I remember having the Front Line album has a kid. On the cover was a picture of a fist clenched on barb wire and this track was one of the stand- outs, for me.

It got re-released in 2021

It's such a good compilation. I remembered it from back then and had no hesitation in buying a new copy

You can always tell a quality compilation if a standout track is the last track

MjItNTAyNC5qcGVn.jpeg

• Thanks 1

On 09/01/2023 at 14:48, bickster said:

It got re-released in 2021

It's such a good compilation. I remembered it from back then and had no hesitation in buying a new copy

You can always tell a quality compilation if a standout track is the last track

MjItNTAyNC5qcGVn.jpeg

It's like a Proustian moment seeing that again. Most Sunday's after a few red stripes and a spliff of either soap bar, Moroccan or some hard to get Sensi Millia, which by the way is Spanish for "seedless", but I'm guessing you maybe already knew that. 😉😉😉

• Like 1

Â