What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Mike Badger, lovely bloke!

Odd thing today, was looking up The La's just to confirm some minor hatred I have of them and then I saw a member was in The Onset, which was news to me as I liked them but hated La's/Cast. Then I saw that it was Mike Badger and made zero connection between him and The Onset or him and The La's. This is down to me ignoring The La's. **** hated them at one point so steered clear of them. 

1 minute ago, Seat68 said:

Odd thing today, was looking up The La's just to confirm some minor hatred I have of them and then I saw a member was in The Onset, which was news to me as I liked them but hated La's/Cast. Then I saw that it was Mike Badger and made zero connection between him and The Onset or him and The La's. This is down to me ignoring The La's. **** hated them at one point so steered clear of them. 

I've never liked the La's either

Mike Badger was the one that came up with the name. Then they got their Princes Trust Grant, Lee Mavers and John Powers went and spunked the entire grand on weed and Mike Badger left. Or so the story went at the time

I seem to remember The Onset supporting Benny profane at a few gigs (Residency at the Monro pub iirc for one of them)

• Like 1

Just now, bickster said:

I've never liked the La's either

Mike Badger was the one that came up with the name. Then they got their Princes Trust Grant, Lee Mavers and John Powers went and spunked the entire grand on weed and Mike Badger left. Or so the story went at the time

I seem to remember The Onset supporting Benny profane at a few gigs (Residency at the Monro pub iirc for one of them)

That makes sense. I suspect if it was laboured former La's member I wouldn't have bought it. 

• Like 1

Don't mind a bit of Shinedown. I saw them opening for Iron Maiden a few years ago, which was a bit weird, but they're a decent band. Think I'll be seeing them at Download next year too as long as they don't clash with some of the others I have my eye on.

I'm sitll working my way through recommendations of metal albums I missed last year, this afternoon is Powerwolf, Call of the Wild. Silly, bombastic, bloody good fun They're at Download 22 too and I can't wait to hear this track 

Edited by Davkaus

His voice reminds me of early Ben Watt. A bit of sychronisity here, this popped up on my Spotify last week and this morning I'm playing an Erased Tapes compilation released on RSD this year, which I haven't paid that much attention to and it turns out that its on that. I like it

Â