What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Started cataloging  the 7" part of the collection now

Attila the Stockbroker - Cocktails

He never really did like the NME staff, the dedication on the cover for this one says "For nightclub liggers everywhere, especially the NME Barracuda / Hacienda set. Go Get 'em X!" (X being a reference to X Moore, scribe at the NME and... lead singer of The Redskins)

Also this release is "The Night I Slept with Seething Wells (!) (another Punk Poet then became an NME Scribe and championed... The Redskins)

• Like 1

What a ballache this single has been. A fun tune by the Freshies (Chris Sievey before Frank Sidebottom). There are various different versions, There's the original on Razz Records, promos and the versions that say and sing Virgin Megastore, then the versions that say certain megastore as Virgin complained. Yada Yada. None of them are my version. My version has the labels of one version but plays the other (Labels say Virgin, vinyl plays Certain) so I'm now having to add a mislabelled version to Discogs which is an absolute ballache because the Master version is the original on Razz records, so nearly everything needs changing. Grrr! Great fun tune of it's time though

• Like 1

22 hours ago, bickster said:

A fun tune by the Freshies (Chris Sievey before Frank Sidebottom)

I think Mark Radcliffe was his drummer, too?

There's a doco of Chris Sievey which is quite good - covers this stuff and the Frank stuff too. Worth a watch if you can find it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blandy said:

I think Mark Radcliffe was his drummer, too?

There's a doco of Chris Sievey which is quite good - covers this stuff and the Frank stuff too. Worth a watch if you can find it.

Drummer on that was Mike Doherty who was also in Manc punk band the Smirks

I think Radcliffe was the drummer in the Oh Blimey Big Band in the Frank Sidebottom years

I keep meaning to watch that documentary, the only thing that puts me off is there might be some people I really don't like in it, well one in particular

Â